Chapter Eight

"Annabelle Mikaelson... What are we going to do with you?" the man spat, he walked over to me and took a knife. He sliced down my face, it was double bladed and made two massive scratches. The pain was unbearable. I tried to use my vampire strength to move. It was no use. My powers were completely dormant. I looked up at the man. He had a darkish skin tone and was bald. He had little facial hair and was wearing a typical outfit. Jeans, a vest and then an open shirt.

"Torture me as much as you want... You aren't going to get any information," I retorted. He looked at me, scraping the knife down my arm this time. From my shoulder to my knuckles. I gasped from the pain. 

"Is that so?" he asked, "Maybe you just need a little encouragement," he said, smirking lightly. Behind him a man of around six feet walked in, dragging a limp body. The man carrying the body was fair skinned with jet black hair. Almost like a porcelain doll. I looked down to the body, recognising it immediately. Damon. 

"You leave him out of this!" I spat, trying to break free of the chains. 

The man smirked at me, "Your powers are useless... And no. I decided that this young man... You seemed particularly fond of... Maybe he can help to encourage you be a bit more willing to oblige," he smirked and looked towards Damon, "I'd hurry if I were you... He doesn't seem to be as strong... But then again... You're pretty weak yourself," he murmured, stabbing me in the stomach. He twisted the knife, causing me dire pain. 

"Do whatever you want with me... I don't care, just please... Leave him out of it..." I winced, looking down at the knife in my stomach. 

"You think I care? You're vampires, there is nothing on this earth that I hate more... Nothing. But the thing is, I'm sure I already killed you. Stake in the heart. Yet here you are... What are you?" he asked, tilting his head.

"I'm something that you've never come across. A different kind a vampire," I said simply.

"A different kind of vampire? Does that make me Peter Pan?" he asked smirking.

"Oh sure, definitely. So then Peter Pan... What have you done to me? Why are none of my vampire powers working?"

"Oh Annabelle... It's not what we're doing to you... It's what we're going to do to your boyfriend," he smirked, looking at Damon. The tall fair skinned man, took a knife and did the same as what had been done to me. He stabbed Damon in the stomach, twisting it. I heard Damon groan in pain. I shook my head in disbelief. The tall man looked at me, smirked and then took the knife out of Damon's stomach and shoved it into his chest.

-

I woke up, gasping, sweat beading on my forehead, "Annabelle, what's wrong?" Damon asked, suddenly alarmed, he shot up from his sleeping position and cradled me. He pulled me onto his lap and just hugged me, stroking my hair, trying to sooth me. I threw my arms around his neck and let him calm me, "Are you gonna tell me what's got you so freaked?" he whispered. 

"No," I mumbled, shaking my head. 

"Annabelle, it's okay... I'm here," he murmured. I breathed in deeply, inhaling his scent. I looked towards the clock behind Damon; 3:00AM. 

"I think I'm going to go downstairs; watch a movie or something," I said, nodding slightly. 

"Come on Annabelle, stay? Please?" Damon asked, moving me on his lap so that I was facing him,  my legs either side of his waist.

I rested my forehead against his, "No, because if I stay, I'll wanna go to sleep, and I'm scared to go to sleep," I mumbled.

"Fine," Damon said, placing his hands on my thighs, "I can't believe how scared you are, you're gonna have to tell me what happened," he said, smiling lightly.