Chapter Nine

"I can't believe that you're still pissed at me," Stefan said, getting into the drivers side of his red Porsche. 

"I can't believe that you don't know who Dean and Castiel are... You should be punished," I said simply. 

Stefan just shook his head and started driving. I felt my phone vibrate slightly in my bag, so I reached down and got it out. I looked at who was calling, Klaus.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Wow, what's bought on that tone?" he asked, a smirk obvious in his voice.

"The fact that your little doppelganger irritates me, also the fact that I have to go to school. And the worst fact of all, I almost got killed yesterday," I said.

"Killed? Who by?"  Klaus asked, suddenly worried.

"I dunno, some guy named Connor. He had vervain or something on his glove and when he shook hands with Damon, he figured out we were vampires. Then he staked me right through the heart," I explained.

"You managed to get staked by a human?" Klaus asked in disbelief.

"No. No way was he human, he was too fast and knew way to much... He was, sneaky," I explained and thought for a moment, "Wait a second, do you remember 'The Five'?" I asked.

"How could I not? Rebekah had quite an interesting affair with one of them, Alexander, almost got herself killed. Silly little girl," Klaus said.

"Yeah, well what if this Connor guy is one of them?" I asked.

There was silence for a moment, Klaus was obviously thinking, "It's possible..." he said. 

"Wait," I said after a moment of thought, "Didn't you kill them all?" I asked.

"Yes... But they're not like the Petrova doppelgangers, it's not a particular bloodline. They're just there. Hunters with a difference," Klaus explained, I heard him shrug. "Just promise me one thing, don't go after him. Neither of you, especially Damon."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because. If you killed him, which I know you could, you'd be put under a curse... Too much to explain right at the moment though. And if Damon killed him, well I doubt that he could, this Connor guy would probably kill him before Damon gets the chance," Klaus explained.

"Oh... And since when do you care about Damon?"

"Since, he was quite clearly the love of your life, Anna. And I know the pain in which you would suffer if he died. I on the other hand, couldn't care about his life, but Anna, you do, and you're my favourite sister. Couldn't let you get hurt, now could we?"

"Kinda goes against your 'big bad hybrid' image, doesn't it?" I asked.

"Family above all," Klaus muttered.

I smiled to myself as he hung up, Stefan looked at me with a weird facial expression, "What the hell is 'The Five'" he asked. Well... I guess that I had some explaining to do now. 

-

"Annabelle, are you trying to break the tree?" Damon asked as I tried to put the tinsel around the top.  

"Nope," I muttered, trying to keep myself balanced on the ladder, "Damon, you know how you love me?" I asked.

"Yes..." Damon said warily.

"Next year, we're getting a smaller tree," I said simply. 

"Fine by me," he said, looking up at me. Damon was stood at the bottom of the ladder, holding it for me so that I was less likely to fall. But it wasn't really working very well.