Chapter 8

Percy POV

"Where have you been?" Fall asks.

I rub the back of my neck. "I was just on a walk. Honestly, nothing much."

She stares at me expectantly but I avoid her gaze. I was not ready to come clean about the whole situation. Not quite yet. Before she could question me further, the conch horn sounded, although it was nowhere close to dinner time.

A speedy Hermes girl came running. "Monsters! Monster attack at the northern side of the boarder! Get equipped and hurry! They have aid!"

I tried to contain my worry as I pulled out Onyx. "Where'd you get that?" Fall asks.

"Fight now, questions later," I say, pointing to the barrier that had ripples of an unearthly blue from where the enemies were beginning to attack.

She looked at me warily but quickly follow me as we ran to join the crowd. From what I could see, there was a lot of my old buddies waiting for their next playdate.

The Minotaur swung his club and the barrier shattered into a million pieces, falling onto the other campers. Cuts appeared on their arms but nobody seemed to take any notice. The mob of monsters rained on us.

The camper swung, slashed, and parried but they kept on coming. The undead were raised from the ground and even Nico couldn't control them while phoenixes set the once peaceful sky in a blazing inferno. Ancient monsters that were supposed to be dead for a thousand more years appeared and we continued.

I watched as campers fell but I couldn't stop to help them. Some of the Healers in the Apollo cabin we constantly running around and providing for those who weren't fighting or in need of medical attention. I desperately wanted to help, but the ancient monsters wouldn't stop.

Just then, something large blotted out the sun and we stared into the most ferocious creature that I have never seen before. Fire flashed in the creatures eyes and most campers ran in fear. The two large snakes that were attached to its torso hissed constantly, staring at us hungrily, hoping for a bite of demigod lunch.

The large creature laughed, shaking the ground. "Puny mortals!" He boomed, spreading his wings further out. He clapped his hands together, causing fire to erupt. Only then did I notice that his fingers were not actually fingers.

They were dragons.

"Who are you?" Someone in the crowd asks.

"Don't you know who I am?! My billboards and posters should be up everywhere on this pathetic planet! I am Typhoeus, Father of all Monsters, Son of Gaea and Tartarus!" He thundered, causing the winds to blow harder.

I wince at the mention of that monstrous place. "Oh yeah. Typhoeus! I remember you from that poster I saw a week ago!" I say, loud enough for him to hear.

His head whips to face me and a smile forms on his large, ugly face. "Oh, you have."

I falter only for a moment. "Oh yes! They talk about how great and powerful you are as well as your devilish good looks," I lie.

"My good looks, eh?" He says, thinking.

I nod ferociously, hoping he'd buy my tale. The fire in his eyes flare and he smiles maliciously. "I've heard of your silver tongue, demigod. I am not one you should lie to."

The remaining demigods face me. Now they knew about what I was. I raise Onyx and fly to meet his eyes. "Then game on," I growl.

He swipes at me and I barely dodge it. I swipe at his face and give him a small paper cut on his cheek. Typhon chuckles. "You lost your powers, demigod."

He leans inward. "You can't win."

He finally grabs hold of me and I can feel some of his dragon fingers nibble at me. I feel the power the primordials gave me cause through my veins and my eyes open, washing a golden glow over my new enemy. "Yes I can."

I create a beam of light that cause his five dragon fingers to shriek and release me. My hands steamed with a golden light but I wasn't focus on that. Typhoeus roared, causing lava from deep within the Earth to erupt around him. "They told me you no longer had power. You father disowned you, demigod!"

One hand was glowing brightly while the other was as dark as night. A storm had formed and we were the eye of it. I couldn't see the ground not anyone else who were fighting with me. It was just me and the enemy. "Then I guess you were wrong."

I sent a blast of both light and darkness towards him and he flinched. I think my words hurt more than that display of power. Suddenly, a flash of brilliantly white lightning struck Typhoeus right in the jaw, causing him to double over. Thanks Zeus.

I take out Onyx once more and zoom towards the monster's neck. With my sword now glowing with a primordial light, I zoomed around Typhoeus' neck, causing golden ichor to dribble downward. "No!" He screeched, clawing at his neck, only to be ferociously eaten by his own fingers. The fire in his eyes flickered and sizzled out.

As the father of all monsters fell to the ground, he said something that was barely audible. "The end is near, Perseus Jackson. And you will get the most torture of all. This will not be the last. You may have won a battle, but we will win the war!"

His body feel through the clouds and with an audible poof, he was officially dead. But it couldn't have been that easy.

A feeling of drowsiness and nausea over takes me and my constant flying falters. I can't fall now. I really couldn't.

But my eyes begin to close and I fall at the speed of a rocket towards Earth. I couldn't stop my falling but I felt myself crash into the ground. Every power I had used came down and I completely blacked out.

I'm Back!

Sorry it took so long but I was busy trying to finish up school and find a suitable enemy for the first battle.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!