Chapter 4: nice of you to drop in

Jerome and the rest of the guys walked me into the huge house owned by Theo Galavan. Jerome showed me around the place and showed me where... 'Our' room was. We went to the dining room and sat down. A fat hairy man walked in, limping with a bandage around his knee.
"How's the leg, greenwood?" Jerome said with a sarcastic tone.

"Oh it's fine, no thanks to you SHOOTING it."

Jerome laughed.
"You knowww why I shot you."
He tilted his head.
"You stole my line."
They began arguing back and forth with one another. It was obvious they weren't going to get along anytime soon.

"Boys will be boys." I chuckled out loud.
Afterwards, they both finally sat down at the table, Jerome next to me.
Jerome places his lips right next to my ear.
"Did you keep that gun I gave you, baby?"
Chills ran up my spine.
"Cours' I did, puddin. And I used it to kill 32 men."
I rolled up my sleeve to reveal tally marks tattooed into my arm, counting to 32. Jerome looked at my arm and gave off a look that made me feel weak. He looked so proud and smug.
He stood up, spun around and headed towards the chest sitting against the wall and opened it. He pulled out a sword and was about to pull the sword out of the scabbard, when suddenly the fat hairy man limped towards him, and pulled the sword out.  "Ooh, shiny!" The fat man said with excitement.
Jerome looked annoyed.
"Give it back.

"I saw it first" the fat man chuckled.

"I said give it back."

I turned my body around and placed my cheek upon my hand. "This'll be interesting." I thought out loud.

"Make me you little brat" the fat man mocked.

Jerome rolled his eyes.
"Your samari skills are excellent Greenwood San, but they are nothing compared to me!" Jerome said in a joking tone. And with that, he pulled out a chainsaw and revved it up. They threw their weapons at eachother when suddenly Theo walks in.
"That's enough boys. That's good.
Boys, we are a team. We don't fight amongst ourselves." Theo stated.
"Yeah boysss" the scrawny guy mocked.

Greenwood glared at Jerome.
"And I'm the captain."

Jerome looked at Greenwood.
"Oh no." He dropped the chainsaw.
"Captain of my foot"

Greenwood stepped closer to Jerome.
"I've terrorised, murdered, and eaten a dozen women. What have you done? Chopped up your mommy?"

Jerome took a deep breath.
"Everybody has to start somewhere. See I have vision, ambition, and brains. You're just a nutty old cannibal. How many people can you eat before that shtick gets old?" Jerome replied confidently.

"I could eat one more."

The two glared at each other with fury in their eyes.
Theo interrupted.
"I can see we're gonna have to solve this once and for all. He pulled out a revolver taking out all bullets except one.
"You all know this game right?"

I began to get a little worried.

"Oh I love it." Jerome replied, grinning ear to ear. "Ladies first"

Greenwood takes the gun and places it aside his head. Hesitant, he pulls the trigger. Nothing happens.

Jerome takes the gun.
I get a little angsty. I'm curious what's going to happen, but at the same time I'm a little worried for Jerome.

"Hey Greenwood. What's the secret to good comedy? Jerome places the gun to his head and pulls the trigger.
"Timing."

"And what's courage?"
He pulls the trigger again. This time, my heart racing rapidly.
"Grace under pressure."