Worried Thoughts

I started to jog once I noticed Uncle Thomas was way ahead of me. He was going 3,000 miles an hour, and he wasn't waiting on anyone to catch up. "Wait a second!" I called after him, still lingering far behind. "Hold on!" He continued, not even glancing at me, or slowing down.

I felt angry all of a sudden. Doesn't he know this is stressful for me too? I mean, what was the big deal? It's just a camera.

"Are you mad at me?" I finally caught up to him. I was hiding my anger all I could, but that didn't stop my eyebrows from furrowing slightly.

"No," he sighed. "It's just dangerous," his face firmed, "If you don't want to listen to me, fine. But don't you dare say I didn't warn you."

"What?! You, as a matter of fact, didn't warn me, so I can't promise you that," I said, raising my voice slightly. He swung around with fire in his eyes, "I told you not to do anything you'd regret, and if you keep going down this path, you're gonna have a bad time." (Undertale is real right now)

My mind flashed back to the morning he told me that. I said nothing for the rest of the way, afraid if I said anything else I'd go off.

We finally arrived at home after the silent walk. Uncle Thomas opened the door, not showing one sign he was annoyed. I guess this would be a good time to ask.

"What did the Prince say?" I asked as Uncle T closed the door. He turned to me. I'd done it now. Every step felt like it took an hour, and it wasn't until his shadow loomed over me that I realized I was in trouble.

He stooped down, grabbing my shoulders firmly. His icy blue eyes met with mine. Finally, he pulled me into a huge hug.

I stood there. His armed were wrapped around me like he wasn't ever going to see me again. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there awkwardly. "Just be safe. For me," he stated softly.

I finally put my hands on his back, returning the hug with a reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry. I will."