Part I, Chapter IX

The robots sprung into action. They released their nets, capturing the person immediately.

"Ow! Mustard!" The person cried.

"Haha! We got you, you ripper!" Pen said. He walked up to him to get a better look, but when he looked at their face, it was all too familiar.

"Fern! What are you doing here!" Pen cried.

Arlo and Halley both looked disappointed.

"I heard you guys talking, so I wanted to see what you were doing!" Fern screeched.

"Shh! You need to be quiet Fern! If someone hears you, you're gonna blow our cover!" Halley explained.

"Blow your cover for what? You guys are acting sneaky sneaky like." Fern said in a concerned tone. Pen then explained that they were trying to capture rippers, to get their wings back.

"Ohh! That plans as good as my mother's tacos!" Fern exclaimed.

"...Alright. So how about you leave and let us get back to work." Arlo said.

"No way, I wanna be part of this!" Fern yelled.

"Yuck!" They all said.

"No way Fern! Get lost." Halley said in disgust.

"Fine. If you won't let me be part of your group, I'll just keep screaming." Fern started screeching at the top of his lungs, the whole city could have probably heard him.

Pen then said, "Shh!!! Okay fine, you can be part of our group. Just don't say anything. promise?"

"I promise."

Pen then untangled Fern, and they all hid behind the trees.

They waited hours and hours on end. The sun had set, and the sky filled with beautiful stars. Arlo and Fern were fast asleep, but Pen and Halley couldn't sleep.

"Halley?"

"Yes Pen?"

"Do you think we'll ever get our wings back?"

Halley paused for a bit. She then uttered, "I don't know, I hope so, I mean, that's why we're doing this, right?"

Pen was doing this for much more than just his wings, he was doing this to save the luman race. Without wings, what is a luman? They are practically humans, and he wouldn't let that happen.

Suddenly, Pen heard some rustling.

"Do you hear that Halley?" Pen whispered.

"Yea, wake the others up, quickly!"

Pen tapped Fern and Arlo, and they both woke up immediately. Three men holding clippers went up to the tunnel, entered a pin, and went inside. The group then sprung into action. They sprinted inside the tunnel. Arlo's robots didn't miss a beat. Their nets captured all three of the rippers. But, the ripper's clippers cut the netting, and they started sprinting away. Arlo's robots then charged at them, shocking them with a taser. All three fell to the ground. Pen then took their clippers, and handcuffed them.

"Arlo, how did you build these?" Pen said in amazement.

"I got skills." Arlo said in a smug voice.

Halley ran up to one of the ripper's, pinned him to the wall, and immediately asked him, "Where are my wings."