Chapter 2: Indian

The intoxication flowing from his breath nearly made me vomit, as if I had been drinking his beverage. I've never grown a taste to alcohol. To me, it tasted like shit.

He shot his tongue out to his lips, making them wet. He looked at me differently. I was frozen in place like I was at the entrance of the jungle-- scared but curious as well. What was beyond this point, and what would happen if I followed his rules?

"What's your name?" He asked, breathing heavily. I tried to crane my head back, but he grabbed the back of it and thrust it to his face. My eyes widened in fear. This is the end. I'm going to die today.

"Wh-no-no," I said, unable to produce an answer. His hand kept a strong grip on my hair. If he tugged, I would be in pain.

"What is your name?" He asked again, gently pulling on my hair. I whimpered slightly, and he let go of it, putting his hand on my back instead and pushing me into his chest. I made a small hmph, breath pushing out of me. I suddenly wanted to stay there, in the strange warmness of him. My mind screamed at me that this was wrong, and I attempted to push away from him. He still didn't let me go.

"I won't tell you," I murmured.

"What did you say?" He asked, pressing his mouth onto my hair. I was about to scream.

"I w-won't tell you,"

"Do I have to say what I said last time?" He asked me. I heard a click, the same click from earlier when I was trapped in the cage.

"It's Myma!" I shrieked in panic. He finally let me go, and he bent down to get eye-level with me. I was a short girl, and I swear, he's close to six feet.

"Myma?" He repeated my name in a questioning and curious tone. "Why is it Myma?"

"Why are you asking me all these questions?!"

"Because I can, Myma, now tell me why,"

"I don't know! It's a color!"

"What does it look like?'

"I have no idea!"

He stared at me curiously. Why was he so interested in me? It looked like he had things to do, so why was he watching and talking to me?

"Myma..." He tried saying my name. "I like Myma."

"Okay, you're fucking creepy." I said, backing up. "Bye."

I walked away as quickly as I could, and Vaas didn't try to follow me. The dirt path that I was following lead up to a bridge that crossed over a big gap in the ground. I walked over the wooden planks that looked like would fall at any moment. The guards, or hermanos, were still patrolling every free space there was.

I started to wonder what kind of dangers threatened me in the jungle. Bears and tigers seemed to roam that place! I can only imagine what else did.

"What are you doing, going into the jungle again?" Vaas' voice rung through my ears.

I whipped around, but he wasn't behind me. I suspected that he would be on another roof or something.

"Would you stop following me?" I groaned, unable to find his location. "I can handle myself."

"Fine, annoying bitch."

"Indian." I muttered under my breath.

 "Dwarf!"

I held up my middle finger, sure that he would see it. I've never done this in my neighborhood, but I wasn't in it anymore. I've been threatened too many times, some that could have costed my life, so I guess I shouldn't worry about anything vulgar.