13| Second Best

/A/N/ Crush swap. They're always fun. (Ex. Adrien likes Marinette, Ladybug likes Chat Noir).

🐞 

🐱 

🐞 

   Adrien watched in awe as he peeked around the corner of the brick building. He stared down the alleyway and at a short, adorable girl. He carefully inspected her as she conversed with a tiny, red and black character, which Adrien assumed was her Kwami.

   "That's Ladybug?" Plagg jeered with a snooty look plastered across his cat-like face.

   Adrien gave him a threatening glare as Plagg looked away while stuffing cheese in his mouth. The awful smell of camembert emitted from Plagg and wafted through the air, catching Adrien's attention.

   "Would you quit it!" Adrien chided. "That smell is awful, my nose can't handle much more!"

   He held the bridge of his nose and returned his gaze to Marinette while Plagg arrogantly turned away. Once his eyes met with Marinette again he'd forgotten about his sudden argument with Plagg and the awful smell that came with it. Adrien grinned as he stared longingly at her.

   "Marinette is Ladybug," Adrien whispered as his piercing, green eyes admired Marinette, the one he fell in love with.

🐞 🐱 🐞

   "Miraculous Ladybug!" Ladybug shouted as she threw her 'Lucky Charm' into the air.

   The city of Paris had been returned to normal as she began to run away.

   "Ladybug, wait!" Chat called. (Catcall, heh heh...)

   Ladybug glanced back as she stood still. She muttered something under her breath as her cheeks lit up. She stood nervously as she always did in the past, but only now did it mean something to Chat. She began to cup her hands as the silence remained. She was adorable.

   "C-can I go now?" Ladybug stuttered, Chat raising suspicion.

   Chat grinned and as Ladybug noticed she looked to the ground. Chat had finally realised. Ladybug was in love with Chat Noir, himself. 

   "Uh, never mind, Princ - I mean Ladybug!" Chat cursed under his breath. "I-I'll be going then.."

   Ladybug was confused. 

   Chat extended his baton and leapt onto the roof of a nearby building. He kicked the cement on the roof as he dropped his baton. Dust spread across the air as he sighed. He noticed a billboard that had been built atop the building he stood on. His face in big print was plastered across it.

   "Ah, Mr Agreste," he spoke. "How come you're so popular with the ladies? All except the one you want?"

   Chat stood in silence for a minute and finally sighed. He closed his eyes in the conclusion that he'd never get Marinette.

   "But... Marinette does love Chat." he reminded himself.

   At first, he seemed content, until he realised. She didn't like him for him. She liked him for Chat Noir, and only Chat Noir. Adrien was out of the picture. 

   Chat Noir whipped around and glared at Adrien Agreste's face of perfection. A bottle of advertising perfume hovered next to his face. 

   "Adrien Agreste." he grimaced. "I hate you!"

   His hand raged with black beams emitting from each claw. His expression saddened as he released his fatal cataclysm. He punched his hand forward and placed his hand on the dreaded billboard. The sign began to melt as the metal rusted and began to collapse onto the roof.