22| La Pont D'amour

As the two held one another's hand, the sky began to bruise and melt into a gorgeous ombre. Marinette's face heated as she felt Adrien tighten his grip.

   It had been a few days since the two found out who each other were. And it had been several hours since their graduation ceremony came to an end. They'd finally made it.

   Adrien felt around in his pocket as a jingling sound echoed and he smiled. Marinette stared up at him, admiring the grin plastering his face. She loved his smiles.

   "Did you enjoy today?" Adrien asked as his face gleamed nervousness.

   Marinette let a giggle escape her lips as she leant closer to the blond, resting her head against his shoulder.

   "It was great," she complimented. "The best first date ever."

   Adrien chuckled as he nervously ji ngled the metal in his pocket again.

   "I'm glad you liked it."

   Marinette smiled, a cherry pink fogging her cheeks. 

   The rest of the walk was silent as Adrien guided her to a familiar place - an iconic area for their famous battles against the long-since passed akumas. As soon as their feet met with the wooden surface, a soft beat began humming. Marinette inspected the scenary fondly. It was the bridge that signaled Paris. Marinette loved the bridge.

   "Can we rest here?" Marinette asked as Adrien bit his lower lip.

   "Of course. But first..." Adrien pulled out a lock and key from within his pocket as he shook it, letting it jangle in his hand.

   Marinette grinned, squeezing the blond's hand in excitement. They stepped towards the netted fence as they both bent down.

   "Since there's no Papillon anymore, there's no point to us anymore either," Adrien sorrowfully claimed as he opened the lock.

   The two stared at each other, a longing in their eyes. Adrien smirked as he wrapped the hooked metal to a rack on the twining fence. He pushed it closed and they both stood. Adrien held the key tight in his grip as he stared off into the distance of the water.

   "I'm Chat Noir," he whispered before handing the jagged key to his best friend, old companion, and girlfriend, Marinette.

   She continued the same behaviour. "I'm Ladybug."

   They both grinned as Marinette tossed her hand back and oscillated forward, darting the key off into the distance as it made contact with the undulating water. They both watched as it sunk to the bottom, collecting with keys of all sorts at the very bottom.

   Marinette slid her hand back into Adrien's as their fingers intertwined and held tightly. There was no more noise. 

   The two, satisfied, left the bridge without another word and kept their secrets to themselves.

-

-

-

/A/N/ This is Jay or Jaylyn or whatever. This is the last part of this book :/ Sorry it's so short, guys. You've all been great on this journey with me, leaving me nice comments and voting and I appreciate that. 

I wanted to end this collection on this note to not only show that Chat Noir and Ladybug have come to an end in the fictional world, but they're finished in this story collection as well. Without Papillon, there are no superheroes, and without our superheroes, there are no more stories :/ That's it. That's my cool speech. I guess I'll catch you guys later, or not, whatever.

- Jaylyn Candy