07| Black Umbrella

There was a long pause as Adrien didn't dare look her way. Neither did Marinette to him. They both seemed uncomfortable with the situation as Marinette cupped her hands and stood nervously on the spot while Adrien never even glanced her way. The aura tensed as the silence lingered on.

   "Sorry, Marinette... I just don't like you that way..."

   These words killed Marinette. Her heart sank to the very bottom and the breath that was caught in her throat began to choke her. She began to regret her choice, she wanted to redo everything and completely dismiss the matter. That way she would never have known the feelings that made her crash and burn. But she wanted to know. She was tired of living in the dark. But now that she knew his feelings towards her, she thought living in the dark didn't seem so bad.

🐞 🐱 🐞

   Ladybug and Chat Noir stood in an alleyway, the akumatized victim had already run off within seconds of detransformation. Chat stood as he punched his fist in the air for a fist bump. Ladybug grasped her elbow as her gaze was fixed on the concrete ground. She stood hesitantly while Chat's expression suggested he was concerned. 

   "Just leave, I'm fine," Ladybug assured unconvincingly.

   Chat Noir released his tight fist and lowered his arm to his side once again. His heart began to sink. His Lady was saddened and he had no resolve to console her. He didn't even know what had happened. 

   He felt liquid splash onto his face. They slid down as one fell after another. The slight pitter-patter was all that could be heard from the timber roofing of nearby houses. The alleyway began to brim with rain as Ladybug crossed her arms and held them close. She shuddered as the rain trickled down her unsheltered neck.

   Chat Noir noticed the scenery surrounding him and realised it was the same place he transformed. He quickly remembered a black umbrella he was carrying with him and scurried over to it. It had been leant up against the brick wall of the alleyway. He grasped onto the sleek, black handle and opened the umbrella to create a shelter. Chat Noir smiled and pushed the umbrella in front of Ladybug. She glanced up as shock glistened in her mesmerising, bluebell eyes, her cheeks turned red as she recognised that unforgettable smile. Ladybug reached out her hand and caressed Chat Noir's face.

   "Adrien?"

🐞

🐱

🐞

   /A/N/ Welp... Adrien, you turned down the wrong girl... Sometimes I feel very sorry for banana hair..... *sad music serenades the audience as everyone wells up with tears*... Oh well, beggers can't be choosers. Bye-bye!

   ~ Jay