Chapter 21: STAND

A/N: You know the drill, more racialized action in this chapter....

"Keep pressure on the wound..."  

"Where's that ambulance?!.."

"Oh, God...Just hold on...HOLD ON!!"

***

-Ahem, testing, testing

-Ahem, testing, testing...You hear me Mike?

Okay, three...two...one-

-This is Gail Rivers reporting live, from Ashwood Town Hall, where a group of students are protesting the alleged assault of a colored Ashwood Academy student.

Ashwood Academy is a well-known institution of higher learning for students whose IQ's well-exceed the normal levels.

The incident occurred in early September, when the student having allegedly done nothing to provoke it, was attacked by a security officer who was at the time, employed at the school.

The students assert that Mayor John Gates is involved in a cover-up for his son, a one Randall Gates, who is the accused.

Randall, what do you think of these charges?

"It's malarkey. I performed my duties as a security officer at that school. She was being rowdy, causing all kinds of trouble in the hallways, and she had to be restrained, it's as simple as that. 

It's yet another example of the N A-ACP, stirring up trouble where there ain't none. All those nigra organizations are anti-American.  And those kids over there?..." 

"...Are just looking for attention."

"But isn't that part of their goal in the first place, Mr. Gates –to bring attention to this alleged injustice?"

"Well. They succeeded in that, bringing attention to where there ought not be any. Now, I'm done. Get that camera out of my face!"

"Mr. Gates! MR. GATES!"