Ch. 4: Paige's Turn

Paige's POV: 

I'm so nervous. My hands are sweaty and clammy and I have to wriggle into my black and red costume because I'm so sweaty. This is terrible. If I win, I have to choose how my sister Brooke will die. I think of her, probably locked up in the costume room in the basement. Tears rise up to my eyes, threatening to streak down my cheeks. I decide I'd rather lose. To be with my sister, but that breaks my heart too. I'd be separated from Chloe, my twinnie! I'm standing in front of the mirror looking at my ragged reflection when I hear a knock at the bathroom door. 

"Paigey, you ready?" Chloe's soft voice calls me. I know the girls and Miss Abby are waiting, so I have to make a decision, and quick. To try to be top dancer and stay with my Chlobird or to purposely forget my dance to die with my real sister. The decision I make breaks my heart, and I can't believe I just did that, but I'm choosing Chloe over Brooke. 

I'm choosing my twinnie over my real sister. I gulped.

"Yeah." I said in a breaking voice to Chloe. I unclicked the brass lock on the door and stepped outside to meet  nervous Chloe.

She begins to whisper to me since Abby is busy trying to find my solo music on her computer. 

"Paige, I know what you're thinking. Don't try to fail to be with Brooke. You're an amazing dancer, just please try your best! I can't bear to live without you!" She whispers urgently. 

"Chloe, you're right. I did think about it, but I- I'd rather be with you that dead."

"Oh Paigey I love you." Chloe says in a sisterly way. 

"Luv ya." I whisper back.

"Go win for me. And Brooke." Chloe encourages me.

"Thanks Twinnie. I'll try." I respond. I grab my chair which is a prop and set it down carefully, getting in position. 

This may sound biased, but I totally and completely did amazing at my solo! The best ever, and Abby even complimented me! Now all I could do is wait nervously for my stamp