Ch. 5: The Stamps

Maddie's POV:

Abby went out into her office, gathering up her stamps and old fashioned ink pads. My heart was thudding in my chest, beating like a heavy drum. I didn't know who to root for. This is all terrible. It has to be. It's all a bad dream! I thought, but after rubbing my eyes, having Kendall pinch me, and splashing cold water on my face, I realized this wasn't a dream. It was between 3 of my closest friends. Paige, Jojo, and even Nia. Although she'd been so mean, I can't shake the memories we've made together over the years.

As Abby returns my breathing speeds up. I'm so nervous for all my friends that I can't stand it. I look over at Chloe and she looks like she's about to throw up. Paige is her bestest friend in the whole entire world. It would be like losing Mackenzie, but I'm as close to all these girls as I am with my own little sister. I just wish I could've danced. Then I would have done terribly in order to spare my friends. For once, I hate the fact that I'm Abby's favorite.

Jojo's POV:

Abby comes back, dumping the stamps and ink pads on a little white table in the corner, then arranging them neatly. I stare at the red ink pad, the one that the Grave stamp will absorb. My heart is hammering, palms sweating, even my armpits were sweating! Miss Abby clears her throat and I glance over at my best friends who are also my deadly competitors. Paige and Chloe are holding hands, looking more scared than me. Nia is leaning against the wall, looking more confident than I've ever seen her. I'd always seen her as easy competition, but now she terrified me. Her performance was amazing. 

Nia's POV:

Abby slowly stands up with an awkward grunt. I'm standing here trying to act arrogant and confident, like I've got this all in the bag, but I'm absolutely petrified. Abby finally speaks in that signature rough voice of hers.

"Jojo, Paige, Nia, bring me your cards." 

I try to walk confidently up to her, dropping my notecard on the table with a smirk, all the while screaming from the inside. 

"Scram! Go sit back down or I'll just kill all 3 of you!" Abby yells, causing us to all run back to where we were sitting. 

"Without further ado," Abby begins.

"The top dancer of Round 1 of the Deadly Dancers Games is....."

We all gasp, holding our breath, praying it's not us.

"NIA! Congratulations! Who would you like to kill. Paige or Jojo?"

Hmm. I thought. I thought Jojo would be the obvious choice. After all, she stole my ALDC spotlight that was just coming to me after the release of my music video. But, Chloe and I used to be best friends until the Hylands joined the ALDC. Paige would have to pay for that. They weren't suppoed to be twinnies, we were!  After some careful thinking I had made a decision. 

"I'm going to kill......" I say slowly.

TO BE CONTINUED..... I KNOW im so mean! But in order for another update, I'll need 10 comments on this chapter!