Ch. 15- Work Hard or Die

Maddie's POV:

I was quiet the whole walk to our little "cabin". We were staying in these small metal houses with only a few rooms. As we walked in the door, Lindsey and Maya threw their stuff on the beds that were next to each other, leaving me on the rusty little cot in the corner of the room. There was a little bathroom, and finally, I opened the door next to the closet and there was a space about as big as a classroom with a barre, good floor to turn on, and some stretching equipment for us to practice with. 

Immediately I took off my pale blue Converse and started to do some pirouettes in my socks. Dancing always calmed me down, but I tried to ignore the presence I felt when Lindsey appeared in the door watching me. The pressure got to me and I fell out on about my 7th turn. Lindsey snickered, making my face flush bright red.

"Nice turns, Millie." Lindsey smirked arrogantly.

"Oh please. Like you don't know it's Maddie? Don't try to tell me you don't watch the show, cause I know you do. I'm the star," I said, playing up some of my own arrogance. Lindsey rolled her eyes.

"Watch me do this," she said, not answering my clever insult. 

She basically pushed me out of the way, executing some excellent fouettes. 

"I think you're underestimating me!" Lindsey spoke while she was turning.

"You have to work hard or die in this competition. I really think Maya and I are tough competition." She laughed.

Believe me, I was never underestimating her.