Thought Questions Ch. 9-10

Again lost the question sheet.

1. They aren't getting along well together.

2. He does not like it, childish and immature

3. Scout was starting to say the n-word and stopped herself because Atticus told her to not say it

4. Atticus will not win because he is defending a black man, who apparently raped a white female so this is a battle of words.

5. Since Atticus is defending a black person it is hard for his friends to understand why and even after the court case their relationships could be different.

6. Scout could learn that the language she is using is wrong.

7. Cecil and Francis use the word to put a person down, and since Calpurnia is a black person it is different.

8. Atticus is the best checker player in town, being able to play checkers the best isn't very notable; he is also able to play a Jew's harp which isn't very highly regarded.

9. Anything that is pure and humble and not able to harm anything.

10. Dogs don't usually have rabies, it's getting closer to June which is when the court case happens.

11. Doesn't usually act like that-Tim Johnson-name of dog

12. They fell off his face while he was shooting so when they fell off he stepped on them and completely broke them. 

13. All of our talents are gifts from God.

14. Atticus was the best shooter in the county, kids thought he didn't do anything but read.

15. He was a great shot even after 30 years of not touching a gun, able to do what others do not want to do.

16. All the residents respected Atticus.

17. He doesn't want to be known as a killer, use it for positive rather than negative.