Chapter 11

Recap:

Rosie went downstairs and saw Alex cooking breakfast. While they were eating Alex said that they need to talk, Rosie is worried about that because she already knows what they are going to talk about.
-------------------------

Rosie:

"What do we need to talk about?" I said acting confused and dumbfounded. "Don't play dumb with me Rosie, you know what we need to talk about" He says while glancing at my wrist. I quickly covered my arms feeling slightly uncomfortable for a second. I sigh, "Since we are going to talk..can we go somewhere else and do that?". Alex thought for a minute and agreed. After that we had quickly got ready and went outside. "Can we go to Starbucks and talk there?" I say looking up at him. Alex nods his head and we start walking to Starbucks. It takes about 15 minutes when your walking there.

For about 5 minutes it was silent, no one said a word. I finally got irritated by the silence and finally said something, "How come I never seen your family before?" After I said that I noticed that his jaw clenched and his gaze hardened. "Don't worry about that" he said with his tone slightly cold. I shut up right after that. 10 minutes later we arrived at Starbucks, I kept thinking why he didn't want to talk about his family. We walked in and found a little booth. I sat down while Alex sat in front of me.

It was an awkward silence I would say as no one said anything. After what seemed like hours he spoke, "Why do you do it?" While looking straight at me. I squirmed slightly in my seat, I knew exactly what he meant. I didn't say anything for a second and looked down, "Because of everything that's happened to me" I say my voice a bit loud so it caught some peoples attention. "Umm can we go somewhere else please? I don't feel comfortable here with everyone staring" I whisper to him while moving around uncomfortable. We got up and left Starbucks. I continued as to what I was saying. " Everything just seemed to go down hill, my life completely changed" I said while walking with him. "There has to be a better reason for why you harm yourself" He said while looking forward. Anger started going up inside me for some reason after what he just said. " Fine you want a better explanation to why I do it? My mother died! My own father abuses me!! I get teased and picked on for no apparent reason!!! I was raped by my father for crying out loud!!! Is that a better explanation for you?!?!!" By this point tears were running down my cheeks and I was yelling. He looked shocked and sad at the same time, "Rosie Im-" he started to say but I cut him off, "Save it, as I said before...you wouldn't understand" at this point I had no choice but to run as he yelled my name. I kept running and running until I was in this dark alley.

Alex:

As I asked her that question, a whole bunch of emotions flickered through her eyes.. Sad....Guilt.. Fear...then it landed on Anger. " Fine you want a better explanation to why I do it My mother died! My own father abuses me!! I get teased and picked on for no apparent reason!!! I was raped by my father for crying out loud!!! Is that a better explanation for you?!!?!!!" By the time she finished, tears were running down her cheeks. I immediately felt guilty. "Rosie Im-" I started but she cut me off, "Save it, as I said before....you wouldn't understand" then she ran. I yelled her name and ran after her but after a while I couldn't find her..but I kept looking anyways.

Rosie:

As I was catching my breathe, I heard a few footsteps, I thought it was Alex but boy was I wrong when I looked up. A group of men. I started backing away until my back had touched the brick wall. I looked at them terrified. "What's a poor girl like you wondering around in here?" One if the men had asked. He was kinda tall, had a beer belly and looked dirty. I didn't say anything and tried to run away from them but I was harshly pushed against the brick wall. I winced in pain. They all smirked at me, until one said "I think we will have some fun with this one". I beyond scared. (Mini A/N, Beyond Scared Straight am I right? No? Nothing? Okay..yeah I'm just gonna go back to this)

They came closer and closer to me and started ripping off my shirt. I tried screaming and yelling but I knew no one would hear me, tears were rolling down my cheek like an ocean. Since I tried fighting back, they started hitting me...bad. I was about to pass out any second when they were all yanked away. I saw someone punching them and yelling at them. My vision was blurry so I couldn't make out who the person was. The men all scurried away all bruised up and everything. The person picked me up and held me bridal style, I saw Alex face. "Alex?" I said barley a whisper and everything went black.

Alex:

I was still looking for Rosie until I heard screaming and yelling. I ran towards the sound and saw a group of men hitting a girl...I looked closer and saw that it was Rosie. Anger boiled up inside me and I yanked them off her and started punching and yelling at them. By the time I was finished they were all bruised up badly and scurried away. I looked over and saw Rosie on the verge to passing out. I quickly picked her up and held her bridal style. She looked up at me and said "Alex?" Then passed out. I ran to my house, I know what y'all are probably thinking 'Why isn't he taking her to the hospital' well there is a reason for that, if your down here and get hurt they won't care at all. After I made it to my house and I made it inside and put Rosie gently on the couch. I cleaned up all her cuts and bruises. I took the rest of her clothes off and changed her into some of my clothes, don't worry I wasn't looking while I changed her. I wished I've never said anything to her. This is all my fault.

Rosie: I woke up on something comfortable. I sat up and realized that I was laying down on the couch with different clothes on? I got scared because I remembered about the men. What if they took me into their house?!?!? I got even more scared until someone wrapped their arms around me tightly. I relaxed after I saw that it was Alex. He didn't let go of me at all and I kept hugging him back. He hurried his head in the crook of my neck. Then what took me by surprise is when he said "Its all my fault this happened to you" whispering into my neck. "Aw Alex it isn't your fault at all, don't blame yourself for what happened" I said while rubbing his back. "Yes it is my fault, if I never asked you that question. None of this would've happened" he said sadly while looking moving his head and looking at me. I awed "Its not your fault Alex" as I noticed that he was doing his very adorable pout. He put his head back in the crook of my neck. I smiled to myself and said "Its not your fault". Mostly all day we were embracing each others arms until I heard quiet snores in my ear. I giggled and saw that he was asleep. I played with his hair and thought...

What would I do without this boy?

----------

Ahhh!! Its an update! I know its been forever, I'm pretty sure y'all already graduated high school since I just updated. I will be posting soon!

BabyCakes out!