Memory Lane

Maddie pov

"Maddie. Maddie. Maddie. Maddie" Josh ran into the living room from our bedroom "Joshua. Joshua. Joshua. Joshua" i smirked and looked back at him "what do you want to do today?" He asked leaning over the arm of the couch "i don't know. What do you want to do" i chuckled "lets go on an adventure" he smiled "where to?" I asked "i dunno" he paused "I'm just bored" he shrugged "lets go then" i stood up. "I'll get your sweater" Josh said fast as he ran back to our room. I rolled my eyes playfully as i walked to the door and slipped on my shoes. "Here you go m'lady" he passed me my sweater. "Thank you" i smiled and pulled it on. "So any idea where we're going?" I asked "actually. Yes" he smirked "wanna tell me where?" I asked "mmm. Nope" he chuckled taking my hand and leaving the apartment.

"Wanna stop for lunch?" Josh asked "sure" i smiled. He took a quick turn and pulled into a parking lot. I smiled recognizing the place "do you remember our first date?" Josh asked "how could i forget" i smiled as he got out of the car and ran around to my door. "We haven't been here for awhile" he sighed as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Its been too long" i said. "Agreed" Josh nodded opening the door to the small diner. "Welcome" a waitress smiled at us. I looked around and the diner was empty aside from the workers. Wow slow day. Me and Josh walked to a table off to the side. When we sat down i recognized the graffiti covered table. "Our table" i smiled at him. "Sure is" he chuckled and moved his menu, under neath was our names carved into the table.

"I love you" i leaned over and kissed Josh as we pulled up to a red light "i love you too" he smiled over at me then started driving as the light turned green. "Where are we going now?" I asked "on an adventure" he smiled "not gunna tell me where to eh" i chuckled "smart girl" he chuckled.

We slowly pulled up into a parking spot at the beach. "The beach?" I questioned "not just any beach... Its the beach where i literally b-" i cut him off "knocked me straight on my ass" i giggled "yeah" he smirked "I'm happy you bumped into me" i smiled "I'm pretty lucky you weren't too mad" he chuckled getting out of the car and once again walking to my side. "Oh i was mentally killing you. You knocked me into the water" i smiled and kissed his cheek. "Hopefully you wont actually kill me today then" he smirked evilly and picked me up over his shoulder "Josh!" I yelled and pounded on his back "yes Darlin'." I heard the smile in his voice "put me down" i paused "not in the water" i stated as i watched the grass turn into sand under Josh's feet. "Why should i put you down?" He asked and stopped walking "cause you love me" i said "thats a good enough reason" he chuckled and set me down, but instead of standing back up he kneeled down in front on me. "Maddie. Your my best friend. And i love you" he paused as my hands reached my mouth. He gave me a crooked smile then continued. "As i said. I love you. You are my everything, i can't even imagine my life without you. Your the lyrics to my song." He chuckled and pulled out a small box and opened it. He looked me in the eyes "will you marry me?" He asked i nodded "yes. Of course" i smiled and kissed him as he stood up. Once we pulled away he slipped the ring onto my finger. "I love you so much" i cried "i love you too" he hugged me and kissed my head. I pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears with my sleeve. "I thought we could start our new lives the way we kinda started" he smiled "we went down memory lane to start new memories" i chuckled "pretty much" he kissed me again.