Chapter 4

Tom stared, he didn't know what to do, who would? Paul and Patryk idled in the doorway, avoiding making eye contact with their boss by looking interested in their guns and shoes.

Tord sat up in his chair and placed his hands on the desk in a conjoined position, still looking at Tom who now was also trying to look anywhere else.

"I suppose I will cut to the chase," Tord finally said, bringing Tom's attention back to him," You want to know why you are here do you not? What you agreed to?"

Tom said nothing, but glared silently, he still got on his nerves. Tord continued to smirk nevertheless. The big leather chair rolled backwards as Tord stood up behind the desk so he towered a foot higher than Tom. Their height difference was both hated and enjoyed, each emotion belonging to different sides. You can guess who enjoyed and who hated right off the bat.

Tom nodded, still glaring up and Tord with disgust. He hadn't forgotten what he had done and Tord knew that.

Tord gave a sigh and unbuttoned his overcoat and let it fall onto his chair. Underneath was his red hoodie, torn and bloodstained. It had never been taken off. The bandages on his his coat were only to apply pressure to the wound. The real bandages were thick and tinted red.

"You might feel more comfortable like this," Tord explained," You see Tom I've been watching you, your actions intrigue me. I never expected you to act this way after the incident. I guess suspense really can get to people."

Tom shuffled awkwardly, the idea of Tord watching him was a little too much to think of at that time. He continued listening.

"I have been running low on soldiers, the organization will not supply me with any more because of my past endeavors. So I had to recruit my own, and that Tom is where you come in."

"Why me?" Tom asked placing his hand on his temples,"Why would Mr.Commie want the guy who shot him out of the sky to be in his little army?"

Tord smirked at the comment, he made his way around the desk till his whole figure was visible. He hunched over and hovered inches above Tom's face.

"That's exactly the reason I brought you here actually, Sir Jehovah's Witness."

His breath was hot and minty, like he had brushed his teeth just an hour before. Tom scowled at the rudely inaccurate nickname which only made Tord's smirk grow larger.

Tom stayed silent, Tord straightened back up and continued talking like nothing happened.

"Not everyone can shoot a robot out of the sky at an elevation of 200 ft with a harpoon gun Tom." He said," you have skills. We need skills."

"Again, why should I help you?" Tom asked folding his arms a crossed his chest.

" Because your bored, just like I was," Claimed Tord, " There's nothing exciting for you anymore, you need action, adventure. That's why you came here. You want to look death in the eyes"

Tom didn't say anything, but it was clear that was Tord had said was somewhat true. Tom was bored, he was sick of the same routine. He needed this. No. He wanted this. It was his last chance.

Tord moved back behind the desk and opened a drawer taking out a piece of paper and placing it on the desk facing Tom. A contract.

"So old friend what do you say? There's no way you'll regret this decision, not in a million years." Tord said, quoting a line from Edd during on of their earlier adventures.

Tom looked down at the piece of paper like it was his death note. A pen was placed beside the paper and Tom grabbed it without a thought. The tip seemed to rest on the dotted line for decades. The ink drying to the pen. In reality it had only been a minute.

The wind blowed outside, a letter, it spun around and bumped into the walls, a name, it stopped, just as the pen did. Falling to the table, with the fresh mark of a name on the dotted line of the still paper.

There was truly no going back.

Only forward.

Into the fate the pen had signed.

// it's so short i'm sorry! but i'm gonna start something special next chapter that you can look forward to. I had fun writing this. enjoy! :D