Chapter 1

A cold night breeze blew by, making the autumn leaves dance around and then settle back to sleep. The tall buildings and trees would stop its playful fun when it brushed against them. This repeated over and over. One wind blew against the glass surface of a window, doing nothing, but moving us on in the story. In one window, the lights off, you could see a boy about 19 years of age. He was sleeping peacefully. His brown hair sticking to his face as he breathed outward, his mind racing with dreams.

The window next door was not so lucky. At least. The man inside it.

He was sitting at the edge of his bed. His figure illuminated only by the window mentioned earlier. His hair Stuck up in various sized spikes unnaturally. He was wearing a worn down old hoodie that looked to be through a lot. The man rubbed his eyes and sighed. He couldn't get to sleep, his mind was haunted by past events. A new one this time. The words echoed in his mind like yelling the into a canyon.

"I Thought we were friends!" it would repeat.

The man groaned, pulling his hands up to caress his tired face. He continued back landing flat on the bed. He sat there for a minute then spoke to himself.

"Why can't I stop thinking about it.." He asked the empty ceiling. Of course it did not reply.

A loud creak came from the wall interrupting the man's thoughts.

"Stupid creaky window..." he complained before a thought struck him as he turned over to Face said window. "Wait. How did the window open?"

He crawled over to the window grudgingly to shut them and stop the playful breeze from entering his room, It's not that windy.." He added as he grabbed hold of the open pane.

His eye caught hold of something blowing slightly on the window pane, held only by a piece of store bought tape. On the small paper was a red symbol the man wish he could remember where it was from, he almost did. The man peeled the paper off the window and examined the symbol. He flipped it over to find more content. A completed note addressed to himself.

You know who the man is, and I would assume you know who wrote the letter. So I won't say. If not, I will recite the letter to you and you will most certainly know then.

Hello Tom,

You probably didn't expect to hear from me. After what happened. But don't think of this as an apology, think of it as an invitation. You do not have to accept, but I know you will. Place the note back onto the window to accept. I will explain more there.

-Red Leader

Tom, as we are all certain that is his name, was taken back. He had never liked Tord, Tord had never liked him. Why would he be invited him to "hang out". He had to make everything dramatic didn't he.

Tom grumbled and said outloud," Who does he think he is? After what he did.."

He paused, staring at the note more intently, thinking it over. Doing this could finally rid him of his Insomnia. Figuring out what happened to Tord might put him at ease, even if it wasn't exactly good.

Moments later Tom pulled off his hoodie and laid down on the bed, getting under the covers, he breathed out and tried to clear his mind. His eyes drooped from his tiredness and soon he was having dreams of his own, like the peaceful man down the hall.

To ease your questioning about the note is this.

The wind now had a new toy to play with, on the glass of the man's window that quiet, peaceful night .