Chapter 1

I never thought I’d fall in love

Skyarlette’s P.O.V

“ARGG! SHUT THAT FRIGGIN THING HE CALLS MUSIC OFF!” I bellowed at my friends who decided it would be funny to wake me up to Justin beaver music. I clamped my hands over my ears as that annoying voice of hers-excuse me, his- screeched those high ass notes.

I mean come on, a guy at that age singing like a mouse giving labour, liking purple? Of all colours! And don’t even get me started on his hair/ear problem! Always shaking it like he just got out of a pool and trying to get the water out of his ears, or is flipping his hair to hit a fly? It’s soooo annoying! In my opinion, Selena could do way better than him; or maybe she was just legally blind when she met him. Either way, I love her to bits; but not who she’s with.

“Get up of your lazy ass! Your mom says she has a surprise for us!” Ania and Burenna yelled; my two best friends in the universe.

Ania’s tiny frame hung over me with her short black and red locks falling into her face. Bre was standing off to the side of my bed as she twisted her black hair with pink streaks into a messy bun.

“I will once you turn off that squeaking mouse off.” I told her, pulling the covers up above my head.

“Skyarlette Amanda O’Brent; you will get your butt outta’ that bed right now or you’ll never see the end of it. And Justin’s voice doesn’t resemble a squeaking mouse!” Bre threatened before going all dreamy eyes as she defended him. I froze for a second but relaxed back under my covers when I was sure I wouldn’t receive a lecture about making fun of Justin.

“When you turn off the deaf worthy noise, then we’ll see if we can negotiate.” I told her, standing my ground.

“Sometimes you’re just too difficult.” Ania chastised as she went to the iPod dock and put the song on pause.

“Love you too.” I said cheerily.

They both grumbled in response as I giggled to myself under the sheets; that is, until they yanked it off me.

“We turned off the music; so it’s your turn to get ready.” Bre said.

I nodded absentmindedly as I glanced around my magenta hued room, taking in all the photos that held memories to which they infested all the walls. Since I wasn’t ready to get out of bed yet, I took my sweet little time to take in my room until Ania’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

“You either get up willingly, or we drag you by the hair. Your choice.” She stated as she shrugged. She may be short and look innocent, but she’s the complete opposite.

“I'm going, I'm going; sheesh woman, what got your knickers in a twist?” I muttered darkly as I grabbed some random clothes from my closet and making my way to the bathroom.

“We’ll meet you down stairs!” They chorused.

I nodded and made my way into the washroom; closing the door behind me. I took off my clothing and jumped into the shower to start lathering up. After I was done, I rinsed off the soap suds and got out to dry up. When I was done drying up, I looked at the clothes I picked out to wear. Putting on my bra, I slipped on my zebra print blouse and dark blue puffy shorts. I paired them with some heels and a white clutch for later on. Putting away everything, I made my way to exit my room. But not before I took out my curling iron and styled my hair a bit.

Burenna’s P.O.V

I wonder what the surprise is; I thought to myself.

“I can’t tell you until everyone’s here.” Lorisse; Skyarlette’s mother said.

I must have been talking out loud; I thought again.

“You were.” She responded. I clamped my mouth shut and tapped my fingers on my lap; waiting for Skyarlette to come downstairs.

“I don’t know what it is, but I'm dying to find out!” Ania commented excitedly as her brown eyes sparkled brightly.

I nodded in response and we fell into a silence; allowing us to ponder in our thoughts. Weirdly enough, we were both smiling like idiots as we awaited Skyar’s arrival. If anyone walked into the room right now, they’d probably want to send us to a mental institution.

Just saying.

As we heard a beautiful voice drift into the kitchen, we began full on grinning. The professional sounding voice belonged to none other than Skyar as she sang ‘Love you like a love song by Selena Gomez’

I-I love you like a love song baby

And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

As she walked in, I silently wondered why she refused to share her amazing talent with the world via YouTube. The way she sang songs just blew me away every time and yet no matter how much we coaxed her, she doesn’t want to post videos.

Skyarlette’s P.O.V

I sang out loud as I made my way down the stairs; wondering what the surprise could be. There was a possibility that we could all be going somewhere? The girls did tell me that it was for everyone, after all. I played with my light brown hair that was curled lightly as it fell down my back. Upon entering the kitchen, the sunlight hit the top of my head and my honey blonde highlights shimmered in the illumination. As I took a seat next to them, it turns out my mother was nowhere to be seen. So I started thinking out loud to voice my thoughts.

“Come on, let’s go find my mom so we can find out what the ‘big’ surprise is.” I said as I used my fingers to quote the word big.

“I hope it’s a trip or something; I don’t wanna be bored all summer.” Ania whined; I giggled and shook my head as I replied with a sarcastic comment.

“For all we know, we could be heading to a farm to milk cows and catch flied with our hair. You know how my mom is; always exaggerating......” I told them, trailing off.

“I wanna know what’s happening so quit day dreaming and come help me find your mom; now that we’re all here.” Bre yelled in anticipation.

“Kayden isn’t here.” I stated the fact about my brother with a raised brow; she ignored me and dragged me towards the living room. I let them drag me and kept quiet.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of surprise that’s got them so hyper......

****************

So there’s the first chapter! The picture on the side is of the characters and Skyarlette’s morning look. Also be sure to check out the video on the side. If you have tumblr, be sure to check me out! [http://www.swag4lici0us.tumblr.com] The link is in the external link. I hope you liked this, so be sure to comment and vote! Love y’all xxx    [Btw if you were wondering what the names are supposed to sound like: Skyarlette= Scar-let,  Ania=A-knee-a,  Burenna= Burr-enna {Bre},  Kayden= K-den,  Lorisse= Lor-esse]