Chapter 14

Skyarlette’s P.O.V

Grabbing my towel from the closet, I made my way through the house towards our indoor pool. I didn’t feel like getting a tan in the outside one for the time being so I settled for our inside one. My mind was buzzing with random thoughts as the house sounded oddly empty, it was almost impossible for it to be with everyone doing their own things.

As I reached the door I grasped the handle and tugged slightly, hit by the welcoming smell of chlorine radiating from the pool. Dropping my things onto the chair off to the side I slipped off my cover-up and waded into the pool.

The tension left my shoulders as the cool water came in contact with my skin and I resorted to getting a floaty thing to float around the pool in pure peace. It was so nice just to be able to have quiet and just think without any interruptions; but all good things must come to an end. Whoever came up with that saying should honestly be screamed at.

To my luck the person I have been trying to avoid these past few weeks showed up and had to ruin my serene location. He walked in with a purple towel draped over his shoulder and bright florescent board shorts; his head was down so I guess he hadn’t quite seen me yet. Just because he looked freaking hot in only his board shorts doesn’t mean that I didn’t detest him.

Isn’t listening to one another important in a relationship? He would hardly let me explain myself with a few words so how was he supposed to communicate with me if we were together? Pushing those thoughts away I started to paddle my way to the far end of the pool so I could get out and make my way to the other pool. Once my floaty bumped against the wall I grabbed onto the edges and hauled myself up, making sure my swimsuit was still covering my body appropriately I walked over to my stuff in silence.

Grabbing my stuff, I felt my phone beep in my hand so I took it out to check the screen.

‘Meet us in the movie room, we need 2 chat’ It was a group message from Bre so I hurried to get to the movie room; as I left I swore I saw Justin glance at me and sigh but I think my eyes were playing tricks on me. Shaking my head I weaved through all the twists and turns of the hallway and arrived at the movie room. I was still a little angry that Justin had come and disturbed my quiet time, but I didn’t want to dump that anger onto my friends.

Entering, I found that it was only us girls and no boys, which meant there weren’t  invited; trying to calm myself down I moved into an armchair and took a seat falling into it. Looking at the other seats across from me I saw Bre and Ania with their heads bowed whispering furiously to each other not even noticing my arrival. Waiting patiently I glanced around the room taking on how my parents had changed the theme for the room; it used to be the dark beiges, browns and what not but they have brighter fabrics like red, orange and greens going on in here to contrast the room.

Finally noticing me, they turned around and peered at me closely; no talking, just plainly staring at me. It was kinda weird if you ask me, it’s not every day they you are called to ‘talk’ and get stared at out of the blue. Staring right back at them I waited for whatever they wanted to talk about; after a while we couldn’t take it and burst out into giggles from our staring contest. When we settled down again they got straight to business.

“What’s up between you and Justin?” Ania asked and I just scowled at her as she brought up his name.

“Nothing.”

“Oh really? Then why do you always have this look in your eyes like you want to scratch his eyeballs out any time you both are in the same room.” She asked with an accusing look.

“Really, nothing. I just saw the true jerk that I used to loathe and have resumed my resentment towards that ‘thing.’” I replied scrunching up my face, barely able to say his name without choking in disgust.