Lesson Eight

"You know what's weird? I haven't seen Mihyun for a while now." Jihye said as she walked in between Jungkook and V. They were currently on their way towards the hangout at the basement. "I mean, I usually see her when we switch classes but.. I didn't seen her at all."

"Maybe she went to the nurse's office or something?" V said. He peeked at Jihye's face, who was now wearing a small frown, and internally smacked himself for saying the wrong thing. "Uh, but don't worry. Mihyun's a tough girl, right? I'm sure she's fine." V added in, hoping Jihye would at least show some sign of positivity.

As if reading V's mind, Jihye gave him a small smile and nodded. "Yeah, you're right."

Jungkook silently watched the two's interaction and felt his stomach burn. He couldn't feel upset since all V did was cheer Jihye up, but he also couldn't feel jealous. He and Jihye were just friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Jungkook-ah? Are you okay?" Jihye waved her hand in front of Jungkook's face to see if he was alright.

Jungkook quickly pushed away the hand that was near his face and felt his heart fall to the floor when he realized that he had accidentally pushed Jihye's hand away from him. The hurt in her eyes was unbearable and he immediately felt guilty. "Jihye, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, i-it was just instinct.."

"No, it's fine. You were spacing out and you didn't know." Jihye smiled and continued walking along, fastening her pace.

Jungkook watched Jihye from behind and sighed. Jihye couldn't be fine after that.. She probably just wanted to hide it from him, she wanted to hide how hurt she felt just from that small accident. From the side, he heard a quiet chuckle and saw V shook his head with a smirk on his face. "'Just instinct'? Is that the best you can think of?"

"Hyung, what the hell? I wasn't lying." Jungkook snapped as he glared at his hyung. "I'd never lie to Jihye."

"Yah, you're supposed to respect me." V snapped back. "And don't tell me that. I don't need to fucking know about your feelings for her. It's none of my fucking business." V began to fasten his pace and catched up to Jihye, leaving Jungkook burning with anger.

They had met up with J-Hope and Jimin along the way. When they entered the room, they found RapMon and Jin already started making themselves comfortable. Jihye, who was still worried about Mihyun, asked the four boys if they had seen her. Being the only one who last saw Mihyun this morning, Jimin answered Jihye's question with a frown.

"The literature teacher asked her to bring some of his stuff down here at the basement." Jimin said. "The last time I saw her was when she left the room, then after that, she never came back."

After hearing that, J-Hope gasped and turned to the seven eyes' who were now on him in horror. "What if she got taken away by the ghost down here?"

"Don't be stupid." Jin rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at J-Hope's direction earning several snickers from the other members.

Jihye silently sat next to Jin on the couch and pulled out her phone, trying to contact Mihyun. Seconds turned into minutes and Jihye's calls still haven't been returned. "Where is she..?" She sighed.

The room grew silent but after a few moments, a familiar ringtone began to ring.

neon ajik molla – nae momeun gajyeodo
nae maeumkkaji da gajil suga eopdaneun geol
uri sarang noraeen ain't got no soul
yeonghoni eobseo neomu chagaun
du soneul naemireo mianhae
saranghandan mareul hal su eomneun nareul ihaehae

"That's..." Jihye whispered.

"What the hell? Is that your phone? 'Cause you know damn well that obviously ain't mine." A voice exclaimed from inside the recording studio and all seven heads turned towards that direction.