Lesson Ten

It had been weeks since the groups for the Sing & Dance Festival were made and announced, and Mihyun wasn't enjoying it at all.

She and Soojung hadn't been getting along at all, but some improvement was made. They would still fight from time to time, usually disagreeing about plans for the festival but nevertheless they would find a solution in the end. Mihyun learned that Soojung just had a hard time expressing her emotions just like herself and decided to take one step at a time, trying to accept Soojung.

As for Mihyun's job interview three weeks ago, she surprisingly got the job and began to work at a bookstore near the school. She knew that the part time job would add on to the stress she was already feeling, but she didn't care and she needed to take it. Mihyun had decided to cut off her relations with her mother, but Mihyun would always find herself caring for her mother even more. Ever since then, they had stopped talking. Not even exchanging greetings or goodbyes. The worst part is that Mihyun doesn't even know the reason why.

Part of the stress were the festival preparations. There was five days until the preliminaries and literally four weeks left before the actual competition and Mihyun was assigned as the main vocal of B.ACE by Ms. Cho as she was amazed by her vocals and complimented her that the way Mihyun sang, she could feel the emotion within. Sure, Mihyun was complimented before at JYP for her vocal talent, but never was she complimented with such warmth and kindness. Mostly all of the teachers at JYP would rarely compliment their students and whenever they would, it would always come along with a side of criticism.

"You've been staring out of that window since we got here, you okay there?"

Mihyun turned around and saw Jimin sitting down next to her and rested his head on her shoulder. She slightly blushed at his bold actions but brushed it away, remembering about Jimin's naturally flirty nature and pouted down at him. "Nothing.. I'm just stressed, that's it."

"Are you sure now? Don't lie to me, Seo Mihyun." Jimin smiled as he reached out his hands to pinch Mihyun's chubby cheeks.

"Jimin, that huuuurts.." Mihyun muttered, trying to hide the smile that was growing on her face.

Jimin chuckled and let go of Mihyun's cheeks. "So how's work?"

"Hm.. Good? Boring? Nothing really much happens there except when a group of ahjummas decide to come and attack you with questions about why an eighteen-year-old like me is still single." Mihyun giggled. "But other than that, work's fine."

"That must be fun." Jimin replied with a smirk.

Through the past weeks of getting to know Jimin, Mihyun found herself falling for her friend. Not because of his good looks, nice body, or his charming voice.. It was because of the way he made her smile when she didn't want to. Jimin was always there for her whenever she needed someone; he was there to give her comfort, support... or just when she needed a friend. Mihyun never expected to fall for a guy, much less a guy who went to BH Academy, and she never expected that guy to be Park Jimin.

"Hey, what time does your shift end?" Jimin asked as he began to pack his art materials and got ready to meet with the rest of BTS and Jihye at Vocal & Dance.

"Why do you ask?" Mihyun asked, curious.

Jimin scratched the back of his neck, a light blush evident on his cheeks and wore a shy grin on his face. "I wanted to pick you up."

Mihyun sent Jimin a surprised look and heavily blushed at his actions. "P-p-pick me up..?"

"Uh.. It's not that you have to say yes, I mean - I was just wondering, um, but surely you just- Wait, hold on, I-"