Japan x Father reader

*This will be a sad one so prepare, also this will be really long too*

Little Kiku was sitting in his room while painting something for his father, as he was in his office doing paper work. He was making a picture of him and his father by a sakura tree (cherry blossom tree) using water paint. He would always do things like this and some times when his father didn't have work the would both go out and play after he gave it to him. But his father barley spends any time with him now. Kiku was hopping that after he goes to his fathers office they will go and play again. When he finally finished he set the paint brush down, took the picture in his small delicate hands and left his room to go find his father.

Meanwhile (M/N) was in his office doing paperwork that stressed him out till no ends, but still did it any way. Being a country had its ups and downs and paper work was definitely a down.

    He had paper work stacked in many piles on his desk and it seemed he has more paperwork then when he first started. It was all due next month and he could keep going if it weren't for other things. Taking care of a country, managing his huge home, taking in all the stress left and right, and most importantly being a single father to a child.

He hated the thought of not spending enough time with Kiku but he had to. He loved him so much and would give so much, including his own life for Kiku. He was a sweet and adorable child that could melt his heart in a second.

But not only was work getting in the way of spending time with his son, he knew that soon he wont be able to be with Kiku anymore once hes gone. He was soon coming to the time where he couldn't keep his form anymore and would disappear.

He couldn't bear the thought of being separated from Kiku. not to mention what will happen when hes gone? how will Kiku handle things? Will Kiku be ok?

He sighs and puts his head in his hands, over thinking about things once again. A few seconds go by and (M/N) was about to start his paper work again but when a soft knock is heard he looks up and towards the door and says a quiet but loud enough 'come in'. The door opens to reveal Kiku, in his smile blue kimono, and a look of confusion makes its way to his face. Kiku normally doesn't bother him while hes doing paperwork but the thought stops when he sees his son hiding something behind his back. With a small smile on his face, Kiku walks over to behind his fathers desk and looks up at him.

"Kon'nichiwa father, i made something for you." he says holding out his picture in his small hands. (M/N) looks at the picture and takes it into his own hands ans examines it. It was him and Kiku holding hands by a sakura tree. It was detailed and everything. For a five year old it was very good, it was way better than what his father could make anyway.

A caring and loving smile was on his fathers face and he set it down on his desk, making Kiku think his father didn't like it. Kiku tilted his head down and tears started to form in his big eyes, he was hoping his father would like it. (M/N) looked at his son in confusion before its dawned on him what was happening. He wrapped his large hands around Kiku's waist and lifted him up making Kiku squeak and look at his father. when (M/N) looked at his sons eyes he saw that there was small tears in his chocolate orbs. (M/N) smiled at his son and set him on his lap. He took his thumbs and wiped away the tears from his eyes.

"I love it Kiku and i love you too." he said and pulled his son in a warm hug. Kiku was surprised a little but wrapped his small arms around his fathers neck with a new cheery smile on his face. They stayed like that for a while before Kiku pulled away and looked at his father.

"Father can we go play?" He asked, hope clearly in his voice. When (M/N) heard those words his smile fell, but then a sad smile came.