Flash

The smell of dew and wet grass awoke her, the coolness and humidity signified to her almost instantly. It was going to storm. It was silent save for the wind outside. No one was home. Oh how does she know no one's home? It was silent.

Since no one was home, she decided to head out to the park. This was her favorite weather, it seemed serene to her. Everyone inside their houses watching the storm, she could be alone outside for once.

She grabbed her bag and her notepad, she was going to study some German for her class on Monday.

She took a look at the picture of Ashley, her middle school best friend, Milo, and herself graduating middle school together.

The picture of her was just a picture. They promised to stay a group, but it was a lie. She knew it was. A white lie. She remembered the day perfectly.

Ashley hugged Anna as she said, "I'm never going to leave you. No matter what." Chirpy almost. She couldn't believe Ashley actually believed herself. Eventually she would drift away, make new friends, join a new social circle. She is not greedy, She is joyous when Ashley makes new friends. She is scared for Ashley, She is afraid of her hanging out with bad people. She is not afraid of being forgotten or hurt, she is afraid of Ashley being forgotten or hurt, mentally and physically.

Her heartached as she smiled at the thought of the Librarian walking up to her,"Smile!" They did. Right before she clicked, Milo came up from behind, photobombing them. Ashley and Anna laughed as Milo startled them in a friendly manner.

The shutter gave off a quiet, clicking type noise as the flash blinded Anna for a split second nearly.

She clutched the picture to her chest. "I'm never going to forget you, Ashley, even if you forget me, I'll never forget your long red hair, or your quirks. You are and always will be my best friend."

Thunder growled in an almost territorial, aggressive demeanor. She packed the picture in her bag and left to go to the park. Lightning flickering like a candle flame in a busy room.

ASHESTOASHESDUSTTODUSTWILLMYBEATINGHEARTFLOWERRUST?

BVBizlife