17- Annabelle

-Katelyn's Notebook 6-

The day you introduced me to your girlfriend Annabelle, was the worst day of my life. That was the same day where my heart shattered inside. I could see why you liked her.

She was a sweet girl, very optimistic. Blond curly hair, cute girly clothing, and a smile that lights up the entire room. We actually became friends we would hang out with each other whenever we can. She even remembered my birthday!

Annabelle was that type of person everyone wanted to be friends with. As well as the type that everyone loves. Sure I liked being friends with her but the day when you told me that you guys are dating, smashed my heart into one thousands of tiny little pieces.

I got jealous. I didn't want to admit it because I didn't know how you would react. So I just kept my feelings to myself and Nicole. I guess that I've felt that way since the day that you've found me.

We were just so close, and I didn't want to lose you so that day when we talked in front of the fountain... I was being selfish. I wanted you for myself, I didn't care if I broke Anna's heart. I just wanted you to know how I truly felt about you. So I kissed you. This might sound cheesy but, it was the most magical thing ever. Not to mention my first kiss. When I kissed you it seemed like time stopped and we were in our own world. And to my surprise you kissed me back.

You didn't push away, or tried to stop me. You just made it more magical by pulling me closer to the warmth of your body. We didn't care if anyone was watching. Heck, we didn't even notice Anna standing in front of us.

But when we pulled apart... we saw her. Probably in the worst I've ever seen that woman. She slapped you then she ran away. You tried to run after her, but I've seen enough drama movies to know what happens if you pursue her, so I stopped you. I told you to give her some space and that she'll approach you when she's ready.

During that time, we've been spending a lot of our time together. Not as friends though, more as boyfriend and girlfriend. I wouldn't call us official due to the Anna Incident. But we were happy.

A few weeks after the incident Annabelle approached me. She said that she was sorry for ignoring me and that it wasn't my fault but yours. But I didn't want to be guilty of having her think that you were cheating on her... so I told her the truth. She hated me after that, yes. But we slowly became friends again.

Apparently that day when she saw us kissing, was suppose to be an important day. She was about to announce to you that she was pregnant but she didn't. Instead her kind loving parents told you months after when the baby was coming out.

You called me and I raced to the hospital as fast as I could. That day was a very sad one... Anna died from giving birth to Abby. But I think that she knew that she wouldn't live, because when I came up to her she told me something. Something that I will never forget...
"Katelyn, I know how hard your life was and I can't imagine having a life like that. But I want you to do something for me. Whatever you do... promise me that you will take care of my little girl and Jeffory."

"I-I promise."

Then, she smiles at me...

...and dies.

After that day we tried to be together but you were too busy helping Anna's parents take care of Abby.

So we broke up.

And I felt like this was all my fault...