Chapter 8 - Dad

October 28th, 2016

Jack's POV

Someone gently shook me awake.

"Jack, please wake up." My mother said softly. I stretched and sat up, avoiding her gaze. We hadn't talked much since the incident, and she constantly felt guilty about it.

I silently stood up. She nodded her head to my bedroom door, signalling that I needed to go into the other room. I cautiously stepped out, and sitting on the couch was a man with the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen.

"Hello, how are you?" He asked with an accent slightly thicker than mine.

"Jack, there's something we need to talk about." My mom sat down next to the man. I took a seat in a chair across from the couch.

"You look very handsome." The man smiled, looking up and down my small body. I shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

"Jack, I got a phone call from the hospital you were born in." She sighed. "This is some very difficult news, are you ready?" She asked quietly and kindly. I sat patiently and waited for her to continue. "The doctor that... Did the blood test on you and..." She took a deep breath. "He was a fraud. He faked multiple blood tests to make people pay extra money." My eyes widened. "They fired him years ago, but someone was going through all the cases of this doctor and she found your birth records. She called me and told me..." She paused. "Y-Your... D-Dad..." She sighed. "This is your dad." She forced a smile. My jaw dropped in realization.

I sat in silence for a few seconds, trying to comprehend the reality that was thrown at me. A few tears slipped down my cheek as I stared at the floor.

"You're going to live with him, now." She said semi-happily.

"You're getting back together?" I whispered, confused.

"N-No." She sat on the edge of the couch. "I still... Slept, with someone else. We thought you were that man's baby. That's why I was so upset." She wiped her eyes. "But your dad is here for you now. You can be happy." She whimpered. I ran my hands through my hair before covering my face.

"Are you okay? What's the matter?" The man so similar to me asked.

"This is just... A lot." I mumbled. My mom stood up, then walked over to me and hugged me.

"Bye, Jack. I love you." She sobbed. Once she was finished she walked into her bedroom. She walked out with bags full of her belongings, then walked out without another goodbye. She was gone.

"Hey, buddy, do you want to go back to bed?" My... Dad, asked kindly. I stood up and walked to my bedroom, shutting the door without a word.

----------

Mark's POV

I knocked on the door. Jack had texted me to come over. He didn't tell me why, he just said he wanted me there ASAP. I jumped back when a stranger opened his door.

"Oh, hello." He grinned. I realized he looked exactly like Jack, except with brown hair and less... Punky.

"Uh, is Jack here?" I asked awkwardly.

"He's in his bedroom right now. Are you one of his friends?" He had the kindest and most genuine smile I had seen on anyone other than Jack.

"Uh... Boyfriend, actually." I stood up straighter. Straighter than my sexuality, at least.

"Nice to meet you!" His smile didn't faze one bit. He held out his hand to shake mine.

"Nice to meet you too." I shook his hand, and I saw Jack walk out of his bedroom. At first he jumped at the sight of the unfamiliar man, then relaxed when he saw me. He slipped past the man and walked down to my car without saying anything. The man nodded kindly and shut the door.