Chapter 1

In 9th grade, all Alex ever wanted was true love. Sure it seemed sappy and cheesy, but it was true. Love for Alex was a terrible carousel. He always fell for a guy then was heartbroken by him. Over and over again for the past 5 years. It was a never-ending cycle of hearts mended and hearts broken. There were times when Alex thought he should stop chasing guys. Apparently it wasn't that easy. Any guy that Alex saw instantly became an addiction to him. He just couldn't let go of them. In 9th grade, things were different.

Alex started 9th grade pretty rough. He didn't go to his classes in the right order for the first week of school because of his messed up schedule. He didn't really have any friends at his new school. He had Mike at his school but he was his ex-best friend.

Mike and Alex were friends since kindergarten until Alex told Mike that he was gay. Mike never wanted to talk to or see Alex again. This marked the end of their friendship.

Alex was left alone at his new school but he eventually befriended a few 8th graders. This made him look like more of a loser. One day, Alex met Steve, Steve was a very friendly guy who greeted Alex into the new school. At first, Alex thought Steve was cute and ended up having a crush on him for a few weeks. After his crush on him had ended, Alex ended up taking an interest in Scott Ross. Scott was very smart, very adorable, and very gay. Scott never admitted he was gay but he was obviously gay because of his voice, his actions, and his interests.

Alex had suddenly became obsessed with every thing that Scott did. The first time they talked was when they were assigned a group project. At first things were a bit rough but then both boys started to make up. Later, they had their first conversation while doing P.E. together. Both boys then realized they had a lot in common. This made Alex feel closer to Scott.

Alex and Scott then started texting and their friendship started to grow. Many secrets were revealed and the two words that Alex wanted to hear from Scott had also came up.

Scott: I have a secret.

Alex: What is it?

Scott: You have to promise you won't tell anyone.

Alex: Okay, I won't tell anyone.

Scott: I am...

Scott: I'm...

Alex: You're what?

Scott: I'm gay.

Alex was very excited that he finally met someone else like him. Most of all, he was happy that he finally had a crush on a gay guy. This proved that they could have a chance.

Alex: That's great to hear. I support you in every way possible. :)

Scott: Are you... you know?

Alex: Yeah, so you're not alone.

Scott: Lol, it's good to know we have something personal in common.

Alex: Yeah.

Scott: Looks like things will be different between us now.

Alex: Yup.

Scott: I gtg, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Alex: Okay.

Scott: Goodnight.

Alex: Goodnight.

It was the best conversation Alex had with Scott and he felt amazing after it. Alex slept with a warm smile on his face that night.