Chapter 6

You began to pant not being able to breathe properly or get a sufficient amount of oxygen in your lungs and you sank off the chair and onto the floor. You heard several muffled voices trying to soothe you but you couldn't hear them properly. You felt as if you were under water struggling for dear life. There was a hand on your knee and you slowed your breathing enough to focus back on what was happening around you. You saw Namjoon kneeling in front of you as your eyes made contact with his.
"Y/n. Just breathe okay. Copy me." He said taking deep breathes. You sat there for a couple of minutes focusing on breathing and once you had calmed down Yoongi passed you a glass of water. You sipped it slowly and realised just how dry your mouth was. Looking up, you noticed Jimin, Jin and Hoseok were no longer in the room.
"Thank you. Where's Jimin."
"He's outside with Jin," Yoongi replied. "Jin drives so he's going to get you back to your house okay? You'll be home in a few minutes."
"Okay," you nodded. "Thank you so much I'm so sorry tonight went so badly."
"Hey it's okay." He smiled. "At least no ones half naked this evening." You gave a weak laugh and Tae gave you his hand to stand up properly. You walked out to the car and Jungkook and Tae stayed inside to collect you belongings. You heard muffled whispers outside and recognised the voices immediately as Jimin's, Jin's and Hoseok's.
"This isn't right." Jimin whispered.
"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked.
"I don't believe her. This isn't the first time her stepdads hit her."
"What makes you think that?"
"I can tell, she's scared. It's not the first time I've seen bruises on her either. She should stay whilst my parents are out of town, then when they get back they could help her."
"Well no matter what you think," Jin interrupted. "It's up to her to tell you what she wants and we just have to trust her and support her when she needs us. She needs to go home Jimin and soon, we don't want her to have another panic attack."
"Yeah I guess you're right." Jimin sighed. You saw him brush his hair back and breathe out loudly. He knew...You cleared your throat and stepped out onto the driveway.
"Y/n." Jin smiled. "We can take you back now okay?"
"Thank you Jin." He nodded showing he understood. You climbed into the back seat where Jimin sat next to you and Yoongi got into the passenger seat holding your belongings.
"Tae said this was all of your stuff." He explained holding up your bag, phone and jacket for you to see.
"Yeah that's all of it thanks." You smiled. The drive home was both blissfully and painfully short. You knew you had to get home as quickly as possible but at the same time you dreaded it. You didn't want to leave the car as it pulled up outside your house but you knew you had to. Taking a deep breath, you opened the car door and thanked Jin for the lift home.
"Tell the others I'm sorry again." You mumbled feeling embarrassed about your dramatic exit from the evening.
"It's okay y/n." He smiled. "Honestly." You scrambled out of the car and walked around onto the pavement. You saw Yoongi approach you and hand you your things.
"I uh- I hope you don't mind I uh put my number in your- your phone." He stuttered looking slightly sheepish. "Just in case you needed one of us and Jimin wasn't around or if his phone died and you needed to reach him or anything." You began to see a faint red blush creep up his cheeks again.
"Thank you Yoongi." You smiled. "That's very kind of you." This kind act made you feel slightly better about the fact you were about to go back to your family and you gave him a friendly smile before waving to the other boys and approaching the door.
You unlocked the door as quietly as you could and closed if behind you before hearing Jin's car drive away. You leaned back on the door and sighed. You'd gotten home and no one needed to know how late you were. As far as you could tell no one had been woken up by your arrival either. The feeling of relief overcame you and you took of your shoes putting your bag and keys on the floor in a small pile.
Just as you were about to make your way upstairs you heard a shuffling from the living room. The stench of alcohol attacked your senses and you saw your step dad stagger out of the living room evidently drunk.
"Ah, y/n. You're back."

-

Thanks for reading any feedback is greatly appreciated 💕💕