➳ two

King Kain and Queen Haruto stood at the entrance with suitcase at hand. The siblings ran over to their parents saying their good-byes.

"We'll come after a week or two" Queen Haruto said.

"That's too long, Mother!" Victoiré gave a pout. Queen Haruto gave a chuckle and patted her daughter's unique hair.

"Mama and Papa will come back. We promise" Queen Haruto said, glancing at King Kain which he gave a nod.

"Of course, my sweet flower" King Kain said with a closed eyed smile. Then he turned to look at Izana. "I'm counting on you Izana to be the King for the meantime were gone"

Izana gave a nod in response. "Yes, Father"

King Kain looked down at Zen and smiled. "And you Zen, please take care of Izana and Vic, alright?"

Zen had a proud grin. "I will Father!"

And with that, their parents waved their goodbyes. The siblings watched as the ship their parents are in slowly moves away from the shore. Little did they know the upcoming event.

It has been two weeks since their parents went for the trip, and still there had been no sign of them.

"Hey, Brother Izana" The young redhead princess called out to her older brother, tugging at his sleeve. Meanwhile, her other twin was sleeping on the couch in Izana's office.

"What is it, Vic?" He asked sincerely, slightly patting his sister's hair.

"When will Mother and Father come back?" Victoiré's blue eyes met up with Izana's dark blue ones.

"Hmm... Big Brother isn't sure either" Izana said with a frown but quickly replaced it with a smile. "Don't worry, they'll come back soon."

The door suddenly burst open, a guard was covered in sweat and panting heavily. He scanned the room he spotted Izana.

"What is it, Teru?" Izana questioned, his eyebrows furrowed. The guard by the name of Teru went towards the temporary king and gave a bow.

"I apologize for the sudden intrusion but your highness..." The guard glanced at Victoiré and Zen with pity before his gaze went back to Izana, whispered something that Victoiré couldn't hear. But she knew it wasn't good news, it was the other way around based on Izana's expressions.

The guard gave his bow and silently left the room. Ever since that day, the world seemed so dark and empty. The usual liveliness in the castle slowly faded when they heard the news.

"The King and Queen are gone..."

- - - -

Victoiré walked down the hallways, until she stopped on a certain door as she tried to put a convincing smile. And when she opened the door, she saw a furious Mitsuhide pacing back and forth.

"Mitsuhide what's wrong?" Victoiré asked, her head slightly tilt.

"Zen escaped. Again" He said and clicked his tongue.