➳ seven

As Obi continued to comfort the princess, he then heard slight snoring coming from her. He smiled as he carried her bridal style, placing her on her bed. He looked once more at Victoiré's sleeping figure as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams..." He whispered, with one last stroke of her crimson hair before he left the room.

Obi made his way back to the second prince's office. As he opened the door, it was the same as usual with the prince signing paperworks while Mitsuhide stayed by his side, not noticing that Kiki was nowhere to be found.

He slumped himself on the couch, his arms behind his neck as his thoughts were overtaken by the redhead princess.

"You seem unusually quiet today" Mitsuhide said with a laugh.

But Obi didn't laugh, not a single one. "Master and Mitsuhide-san, have you always known — " Obi said, rising up from his seat to look at the two with a serious expression. "about the Princess' secret? Her secret about her red hair?"

"She t-told you?" Mitsuhide asked with a hint of shockness in his voice.

Obi shook his head. "I just happened to see... And I feel guilty for going into her room but at the same time I'm not, it was just... beautiful"

Zen smiled at Obi as he stood up from his seat. "Would you mind having a walk around the castle?" Zen asked, looking at Obi. He gave a slight nod and followed the prince until they stopped underneath the cherry blossom tree.

"Why were you in here room?" Zen asked, his tone of voice almost frightened Obi.

"I-I was going to wake her up, Master!" Obi tried to reason out, his face flustered.

"I'm just kidding! And don't look so panicked!" Zen laughed.

"Was that the meaning of gaining her trust?" Obi asked, as he played with the fallen petal from the tree.

Zen chuckled and looked at Obi. "Not really, you just happened to see her hair"

Obi averted his gaze away from his master and he scratched the back of his neck. "I didn't mean to..." Obi said.

"Well, her red hair isn't the only thing I wanted you to know. She always have been hiding away her hair from others since... that day, and when she saw Shirayuki she wanted to change, she didn't want to hide away her hair any longer. And as her twin brother, I know what she always wanted." Zen said, with a sincere look in his eyes. "She has always been better than I am in everything. And at some point, I wanted to stop being a prince, yet she was able to take back my own words. But there's something she didn't have, and yet I have, it was freedom to be who we really are"

Obi clenched his fists as looked up to meet his master's gaze. "Master, I want you to let me do something for her."

"And that would be?"

"Please let me help her. I will help her change." Obi said, as the second prince saw the determination in his eyes to help her sister.

"Then, that's an order, Obi" Zen said, as he placed a hand on Obi's shoulder. "An order to help my sister"

- - - -

Victoiré opened her eyes, instantly rising up from her bed, looking at both of her right and left. Then, she remembered what happened with Obi. Her eyes softened as she thought about what he said, the way her hair was beautiful like crimson and it made her glad to hear it. And for some reason, she wanted to see him, as soon as possible she wants to see him. I want to see him...

Victoiré ran outside of the room, not minding that she was still in her night gown and her redhair was still exposed. As she turned to a corner, she bumped into a tall frame. She caressed her head trying to relieve the pain.

"Princess?" The voice belonged to none other than the person she had been wanting to see, Obi. Victoiré stared at him as he gave a questioning look, she smiled and unexpectedly hugged him. Obi who was astonished and flustered by her actions, giving a tease-like smirk.

"Oh~ The Princess doesn't want to let me go~" Obi teased, as the redhead's cheeks turned crimson, like the color of her hair. She pushed Obi as she averted her gaze away from him.

"Idiot! I-I'm not—!" Victoiré didn't finish her sentence when she felt Obi pat her unique hair. She turned to look at Obi, who was giving a smile.

"I understand, Princess but I'm glad"

Victoiré stared at him, the way he looks at her, it just felt... reassuring. Obi stood up as he helped the redhead princess and lead her back to her room. And when he was about to walk away, Victoiré grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"Obi, will you wait for me? I-I want to tell you something. If you don't mind, that is"

Obi held Victoiré's hand as she stared at him with wide eyes. Obi turned around to look at Victoiré and gave a bow.

"Of course, Princess"

With that said, Victoiré hurriedly went inside of her room, to wear more appropriate clothing and lastly, she grabbed her raven wig, placing it on her red hair. As she opened the door, Obi was there as he held out his hand. Victoiré smiled at him and accepted it. The way his hand may be rough and scarred from handling weapons frequently, but Victoiré knew for one that his hand was definitely warm and gentle.

〜〜〜〜〜

hello friends! and another short chapter again :( i dont know but i'm running out of ideas ( ˃̶͈̀˂̶͈́)⁾⁾

but i'm really glad that there are alot more akagami no shirayukihime fanfics :) i remember that there weren't enough fanfics but now there are alot of them and it makes me sooo happyyy!!!

and i need your opinion, i was thinking of maybe making a fanfic of akatsuki no yona. and i want to know whether it would be better of being an oc or a x reader. like i really can't stop stanning akatsuki no yona they're just so adorableeee

and that's all for now! have a great day once again, love u 💕

イサ