➳ four

Victoiré excitedly strolled around the castle grounds, which is her favorite thing to do whenever she wants to waste her time. But today, it was the court herbalist test and while doing her usual strolls, she wanted to see Shirayuki before she can take the test, to wish her luck.

The redhead that she has been searching for appeared in the gates with a proud smile on her face. "Shirayuki!" The raven-haired princess called out to the redhead, earning the female's attention. "Today is the day, isn't?"

Shirayuki gave a nod the smile on her face didn't fade. "Yes, wish me luck"

Victoiré returned the smile. "Good luck, I know you can do it"

"Thank you, Vic" Shirayuki said. "Then, I'll see you later?"

Victoiré nodded. "I'll see you later"

Victoiré watched Shirayuki as she entered the testing hall where the court herbalist test would be held. With her crossing her fingers, she knows Shirayuki can definitely pass the test. Definitely.

She decided to do archery, grabbing her bow and arrows. She eyed the bullseye carefully and she pulled back the string of the bow. Satisfied with her form, she released the string as the arrow hit the bullseye. Victoiré felt someone was watching her, grabbing her bow and arrows once again, she aimed her arrow towards where she can feel her presence and released it. A hand caught the upcoming arrow as she noticed a familiar jet-black spiked hair.

"You noticed?" He asked, revealing himself from his hiding spot.

"I would've have pointed my arrow towards you if I didn't, Obi" She said with a hint of venom in her voice. "What is your reason for spying on me?"

"Well, nothing really" He said casually. "Mind teaching me archery, then?"

"No need. An ex assassin like yourself could wield any kind of weapon. And I don't see why I must teach you archery" She said, taking the arrows from the bullseye back to its quiver. She hung the quiver on her shoulders as she walked straight, on her way back to her sad and lonely office, leaving Obi not uttering a single word.

Victoiré opened her the door to her office, seeing a dim lit room. She opened the curtains as the rays of the sun illuminates the dim lit room. Unlike Zen's office, it wasn't just as lively and cheerful. Tons of paperwork were piled on top of her table, but this was nothing compared to Zen's.

"Working hard?" A familiar voice spoke.

Victoiré let out a tired sigh, continuing her work. She didn't have to look up to whom the voice belonged to. "Why are you here, Obi?"

"Well, according to Master, he told me to keep you entertained" He said, lying on the couch.

"I don't see why I need you to keep me entertained. I'd rather have Mitsuhide or Kiki have me entertained than you" Victoiré said, still not looking up from the piles of paperwork in front of her.

"That's mean, Princess" Obi said, pretended to be alittle hurt but instantly replaced it with a grin. "So what kind of things do you do on your break aside from doing archery?"

Victoiré stopped doing what she was doing and eyed Obi carefully. "Let me make things clear, I would let you stay here but don't disturb me from my work."

"So in other words, you won't acknowledge my existence?" Obi asked.

"Precisely." Victoiré replied, continuing her work once again. Silence occuring in the room.

As silence filled the entire room, the ticking of the clock was the only sound to be heard of. Obi was already uncomfortable with this silence building up, and how can the princess even breathed in this silent atmosphere.

Victoiré stretched her arms finally finishing everything. "Finally done!" She sighed with relief. Then, her cheeks instantly turned beet-red realizing Obi was also in the room.

Obi let out a chuckle at how the princess can be flustered. "You're so cute, princess"

Victoiré averted her gaze away from Obi. "I'm not cute..." She muttered.

"I'm going to check on Master" Obi said standing up from the couch.

"Ah! I'm coming with you" Said Victoiré. Obi stared at her for a moment then let out his hand. Victoiré stared at his hand dumbfounded. "You were supposed to hold my hand, not stare at it Princess"

Victoiré's cheeks turned red again from embarrassment. "I know that..."

"I understand. Here" Obi said, still letting his hand out for Victoiré to hold. She slowly let her hand reach Obi's but decided against it, using her pinky finger instead. Obi noticed and did the same, their pinky fingers tangled together as they walk together to Zen's office being like that.

〜〜〜〜〜

Another update of the story yay but i'm sorry for the short chapter and as for the next chapter i'll try to make longer like the first three chapters.

does any of you know a good shoujo manga to read? something similar to hirunaka no ryuusei, haru matsu bokura and hibi chou chou? if you do, please comment down below :-)

Have another great day, friends! love youu xx 💕

イサ