➳ nine

A silent knock filled the room, Victoiré groaned, half-awake but opened it nonetheless. As soon as she opened it revealed her maid, Maria. Victoiré didn't mind taking her raven wig, afterall Maria was her maid ever since she was born, she knew about the princess' secret.

"What's wrong Maria? It's still early in the morning" Victoiré said with her rubbing her eyes from staying up all night.

Maria frowned. "Miss, have you forgotten what today is?"

"Today?" Victoiré mumbled under breath, as she thought deeply about the events supposed to happen today.

Thinking...

And thinking...

Victoiré's eyes went wide, snapping out of her drowsiness. She immediately grabbed both of Maria's shoulders, with panic on her voice.

"Maria! Help me get ready!" She half-yelled.

Maria let out a sigh. "Yes, that's why I'm here, Miss" Maria ushered her to go inside the room, before someone sees her.

Maria led the princess to the enormous bathroom, letting Victoiré do her usual morning routines. As soon as she was done, Maria let her sit on a chair facing the mirror with alot of makeup equipment right in front of them. She started applying makeup, just a natural look as the princess herself requested. She then placed the raven wig on her head, covering the red hair and styled it into a high ponytail.

Maria led her to her walk-in closet, letting Victoiré choose for today's outfit. At first, Victoiré picked out her usual outfit, yet Maria chose another one, obviously against Victoiré's choice. It was a simple yet elegant, strapless black dress with sparkling jewels at the hem of its skirt, and black heels.

"Almost done, just one more thing" Maria said, taking a golden necklace from Victoiré's jewelries, and carefully placed it around her neck. "And, we're done!"

Victoiré examined herself in the mirror, giving a smile, satisfied with her look. And turned to look at Maria.

"Thank you Maria"

Maria looked dumbfounded. "What for, Miss?"

Victoiré just gave a shrug. "For everything, I guess?" She gave a slight chuckle.

"Well, I'll lead you to the room. You can't keep him waiting"

Victoiré took a deep breath. "Alright, let's do this"

Victoiré stood outside the door, with Maria behind her. She grabbed the doorknob, her heart beating out of her chest from worry. She felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked at her side and saw her twin, wearing a semi-formal outfit as well.

"Let's get this over with, Vic" Zen gave a reassuring smile, Victoiré's worries all seem to fade as she gave a nod.

Zen opened the door, revealing an extravagant room with marbled floors and gigantic windows. Everything in this room was extravagant.

But their gaze fell on the blonde man in front, his back facing towards them. Their footsteps clicked on the marbled floors, as the man turned around, finally facing them. He had almost the exact features of the twins, especially the signature beautiful blue eyes.