Chapter 3: Seen Differently

 “Well I’d better get going to home class,” said Summer locking her locker shut.

I hesitated, “..Summer, I’m…scared?” I said unsure of myself.

“What? Vickie don’t worry! I bet everyone is going to compliment you on your picture.”

“Okay…” I smiled quickly at her before grabbing my books for the first periods and walking to home class.

When I got there, it was to be expected. It was as if someone famous had just arrived. Everyone, literally EVERYONE stopped their conversations and turned to look at me. A few whispered but everyone’s eyes were glued to…me.

I quickly looked down and continued walking, stopping beside the door. The teacher hadn’t arrived yet. Damn. I only had one friend in home class. And, she wasn’t here. Great. To be honest, she was never at school much. So I guess that makes me a bit of a loner. Ok,  I admit it. I was a loner most of the time.

I heard the clack, clack, clack of heels walking towards me. The teacher had arrived, finally. She opened the door and everyone went in. I sat in the second row from the front whilst all the ‘populars’ sat up the back. When everyone had sat down, the teacher called the role. My name was almost at the bottom of the list and for some reason, the teacher had this idea that because I didn’t have very many friends I must be a ‘quiet’ person. So no matter how loud I called out ‘here’, she always acted as if she couldnt hear me and I had to repeat myself time and time again.

“Victoria?” called the teacher.

“Here!” I half nearly shouted.

One of the boys up the back whistled when I replied. I blushed. The teacher yelled at him for being ‘rude’ and ‘obnoxious’ then called the next name on the list. I was surprised. She actually heard me.

When the teacher had finished with the roll call, she did what she did every day and went outside and talked on the phone. I sat there and sighed looking at my watch. 20 minutes left of home class. Yay. I decided to actually check facebook. I mean, I was at school now so i might as well. I got out my phone and logged into facebook. A whole heap of notifications came up and i was really surprised. This was like the first time ever i had had this many. I clicked on 'Profile' and scrolled down. Wow. Already my likes had increased to just over 100. Not to mention all the comments. "Oh, my, gosh..' i said to myself. Suddenly a little message notification popped up. "That must be Summer."                       

I clicked on it and was surprised with what awaited me. It was a message. From Jonathan. I quickly read it. Apparently my settings were set to being able to get messages from anyone because i knew for sure i wasnt friends with him on facebook.

'Hey Victoria. I know we've never spoken before but..i think we can change that ;) btw i saw your new profile pic. Its really pretty. See you round.'

I looked at it in shock. A wink face? He saw my picture? Pretty? See you round? What?! I desperately wanted to run out of the class room and tell Summer right now but we still had 15 minutes encounting. Without noticing due to my obvious shock, the teacher had come back inside and was standing right beside me. No wonder everything had gone quiet...

"Victoria White! Is that a phone I see?!"

The perks of going to a private school. Strict rules and DEFINITELY no phones.

I tried to say something but again, nothing came out.

"Victoria White that is a detention!"

The whole class 'Ooed' loudly at me before the teacher told them to be quiet or she would give them all detention too.

"What?!" I had never gotten a detention in my whole life and now i just did.

The teacher began filling out a detention form and i decided i'd better log out of facebook in case she confiscated my phone and read through my messages. I was right.

"Victoria what did i just say?! Hand me that phone now, you can collect it at the end of the day!"

With that she handed me my dentention slip and took my phone. I sat there devestated at now having my phone being taken off of me.

When the bell finally rang, i got up immediately and almost ran/walked to the door. But, the teacher stopped me. I sighed and turned around, slowly walking to her desk.

"Victoria i expect better or you." she began.

Great, The 'I expect better of you' speech.

"I should really call your parents about this," she continued, "But I know you wont do it again. Will you?"

Will you? Not really a question, more of an 'if you dont say no you'll get another detention.

"No miss, I asure you i wont."

"Good, you may leave Victoria."

I left annoyed and still upset. I couldnt believe I had just gotten a detention. Me! Of all people!.

As I walked to my next class which was History-Urghh, i decided to check the notices. My eyes scanned over the notice board until it got to 'lunchtime detentions'.

lunchtime detentions yr 11: Noah Hills, Geoff Bailey, Jonathan Houser.

JONATHAN HOUSER?!! What? The guy who said hi to me today AND sent me a message AND called my pretty? No way. I had to go to dention with him!. Sit in a room and write lines with him! And Noah was in my home class and he was away which only left three of us! Oh my goshh.....