Chapter 10: A soccer game, a bruise and a really bad headache

Today i decided to curl my hair and tie it to the side. It was surprising just how many looks you could pull off with your hair. As i got into the car i felt happy. Not scared or depressed or unhappy. I felt good.

"Someone's in a good mood today," smiled mum pulling out of the driveway.

"Yeah," i smiled back. "I guess i am."

"Your hair looks good."

"Thanks!" Hopefully everyone else would think the same...especially Trent.

Ok I admit it. I really, really like Jonathan. Just everything about him seems perfect. But, i just don't think he likes me as more than a friend. I dont know what it is but thats just what i think. Plus, Ali told me that Trent was asking about me and every time i think about Trent i smile. And it's even better because there's a chance that he does like me as more than a friend. So it got me thinking. Why try super hard to get someone to like me when they don't, when i could just like someone who likes me to? You choose but my decision is final.

When we finally got to school i almost ran in. Total opposite to what i used to do. I was just so excited to see everyone again. As i walked to home class, i was met by Mel. In other words a popular girl who is in my home class.

"Hey Victoria, you're in my home class aren't you?" she asked.

"Uhm yeah." I have been for four years now...Everytime someone asked me a question like this i couldn't help but wonder just how invisible i must have been before. No one noticed me.

"Come sit with me up that back."

"Uhm, okay," i smiled politely. Better than sitting alone anyday.

We both walked into the classroom and occupied to seats up the very back on the left.

"Your hair is so pretty" said Mel gazing at it with no expression whatsoever on her face.

"Thankyou," i replied.

She turned around to look outside, twirling her dirty blonde hair before turning back to me.

"Have you seen Lexi today?" she asked me.

"No i can't say i have." (Lexi was another popular girl who usually sat with Mel in home class)

"Oh. I hope she's not here today," sighed Mel.

"Why not?" I asked curiously.

"Urghh she's just so, annoying. All she talks about is her 'BMW, fake tan, making out with her boyfriend' oh and let's not forget that 'my dad gives me anything i want'." said Mel mimiking Lexi.

"I'm guessing you don't like her very much."

"Duh. Of course I don't." Said Mel as if i was an idiot. And with that Mel began twirling her hair again whilst scrolling through instagram on her phone.

I leaned back in my chair not really sure if i should say anything or not. After a few minutes i heard footsteps walking towards us.

"Hey guys," said Lexi sitting beside Mel. I was surprised she even noticed i was there.

"Hey Lexi," smiled Mel. I think that was a fake smile......

"So i got to drive my BMW to school today. I can't wait till i'm off my learners," said Lexi putting a loose strand behind her ear.

"Oh really?" replied Mel, "That's so awesome! Your car is amazing."

"I know right?" squeeled Lexi.