Chapter 19: Two Years Later

My first year out of yr 12 was nearly over. Well not quite-it was still September but it felt like it was nearly over anyway.

I had decided to get started at uni straight away and was lucky to get accepted into one of the many universities i had applied for. I was studying film and so far, so good.

Trent had moved out of the country to pursue acting in America. We decided to go our separate ways but we still talk now and then over facebook.

I'm still in really good contact with Ali and I guess you could say that has something to do with the fact she got accepted into the same university as me. She's studying jounalism and even met a hot guy too.

I guess you could say i've met my fair share of hot guys whilst at uni too but, i'm really trying ot focus more on my studies at the moment. ... ;)

My phone rang.

"Hey Ali what's up" i asked casually.

"Victoria..."

"Yeah...."

"Doing anything tonight?"

"Maybe..."

"Wanna go on a date with-"

"Matt?" i asked before she finished speaking. "Ali, i've said it before and i'll say it again, the answer will ALWAYS be NO."

"Well Actually, i was going to say someone else."

"You were?" i asked sarcastically.

"...... ........ ....... no."

i began laughing to my self.

"Okay Vickie you got me. Fine. I wont ask about Matt anymore but i dont care what you're doing or if you're busy but you are coming to my birthday party."

"Of course i will."

"Well you better Vickie. You're eighteen for crying out loud, you're supposed to go to parties!"

"Yes i know Ali you've told me so many times. Anyway, ...are you excited about being legal?!"

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she squeeled.

I moved the phone away from my ear for a minute until she stopped screaming.

"I am SO EXCITED!" she screamed into the phone again.

"Haha."

"And i'm goign to have so much alcohol-" begun Ali.

"Please tell me some of the drinks are going to be no alcoholic?" i asked.

"Yeah yeah dont worry. Theres going to be punch too-alcohol free. We all know how crazy you get when you have too much alcohol."

"Uhm i dont get crazy, just its not all its cracked up to be."

"Have you even been drunk before?"

I hesitated for a minute. I had drunk before-being legal and everything but i had never been drunk. "Well have you?"

Ali begun laughing on the other end of the line.

"Youre not even eighteen yet Ali!" i exclaimed.

"So what?" she laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well you better be coming and, i forgot to tell you something."

"What?" i asked fixing my hair in my dorm room mirror.

"I ah, i invited Jonathan."

My heart stopped. Jonathan. The guy i had exchanged glances with in yr 12 but hadnt spoken to since semi formal? The guy i had liked, that had liked me for ages, that had kissed me? The guy i hadnt seen in a year?? "..Why?"

"Look i know you guys have history or whatever but i caught up with im last holidays and i decided to invite him."

"You caught up with him and didnt tell me?"

"Its my eighteenth Vickie!"

I sighed. "I know. I'm sorry. Its just.. yeah."

"I know. Just bear with me though. You dont even have to talk to him."

"yeah."

"Alruight i gotta go, talk later, see ya."

"Bye Ali."

"Bye."

She hung up the phone and i looked in the mirror at my reflection. "I can do this. I can do this."

..........................................................................................................................................................

Look out for the next chapter guys! :) - called, "Ali's 18th Birthday Party"  :)  things get interesting.. ;)