Chapter Forty Nine

"Darcy right?" I heard someone ask and I turned around to face someone familiar.

"Edward" I exclaimed, standing up. He is my friend back from middle school, also my first crush but I got over it after I changed my school as we moved into a new home which was pretty far from my school.

He has grown his hair and it stood in messy spikes on his head. His brown eyes seem a shade darker than the last time I remember. He has built up muscles but he was not too bulky but fit.

"Darcy" he said again and hugged me. "How are you?" he asked me when I pulled back.

"I'm great. Do you know them?" I asked him referring to Lou and the boys.

"Oh,no. I came here with my brother" he chuckled.

"Your brother?" I asked confused. He is the only child for his mother. He was raised by a single parent since his father died as a soldier when he was really young.

"Um, yeah. My mom remarried." He sighed.

"Oh, good. I'm glad that she is finally moving on" I smiled.

"Yeah, me too" he grinned. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?" he asked me.

"Sure, of course" I said awkwardly and turned to look at Rose and Louis who were looking up at us.

"This is Rosalie my friend and this is Louis my friend and also-"I was interrupted by Edward. "-a member of the famous band One Direction. Yeah, I know" he chuckled shaking hands with them and introducing himself to them.

"Why don't you take a seat?" I asked him and he nodded sitting down beside me.

"So..." I said after a minute of silence. "Where is your brother?" I asked him since the silence was very awkward. I think Louis remembered the time that I told that Edward was my first crush. He kept nudging my leg with his knee, smirking. I shot him a glare before turning back to Edward.

"He is with his friends, I think" he said.

"Babe, who is this?" Niall asked. I didn't notice that he finished talking with Harry and came back.

"He is my friend from middle school; Edward" I told him and he narrowed his eyes at Edward and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"And Ed, he's-"

"Her boyfriend" Niall cut me off. I wanted to roll my eyes but prevented myself from doing so.

"I don't know you. Who invited you?" he asked rather harshly as he stood beside me, having a firm grip on my chair.

"No one. I came here with my brother Jacob" he mumbled, looking flushed because Niall was glaring at him.

"You're Jacob's brother?" Niall asked him stunned. Edward just nodded his head and mumbled a 'yeah'.

"Okay. Keep your hands to yourself coz she is taken" he said pointing at me.

"Niall he's-" I started but got cut off for the third time.

"Its okay, Darce. I'm gonna get myself a drink" he stood up abruptly. I tried to stop him but he sped off.

"Niall" I glared at him. He sighed, sitting down on the chair which was just vacated by Edward.

"What was that, Niall?" I asked him gritting my teeth. Why does he have to be rude? Does anyone need to teach him how to behave?

Harry chuckled silently sipping from his cup. We all turned to look at him at once. He looked up from his cup with a confused expression.