I'll Always be a Shield

Loke/Leo's POV

I stare at the other celestial spirit. Her (h/c) hair covers her face as she stares at the mage in front of her. It was only me and (Y/n), now. Lucy summoned her as a "secret weapon" because Plue didn't work.

"I'm really not that strong..." She mumbled and gripped a handful of arrows. I stand behind her, just in case she gets hurt. She takes a deep breath and pulls the arrows back in her bow, releasing them at the evil mage in front of us. Her eyes widen once she sees what happened.

"I... I did it...?" How is she shocked!?

"Yep! You really are powerful! I'm going to have to summon you more often!" Lucy smiles and holds up our keys.

"Bye, (Y/n)!! Bye Loke!!" She sends us back and I look to see the girl running away. Why is she so embarrassed?
(Y/n) is a really powerful spirit, so why does she always put herself down? I follow and see her run into Lyra.

"Hi, Orion!!"

"Please, just call me (Y/n)..." Why is she so self conscious...?

"Oh, sorry! So how was the mission with Lucy?"

"It was fine... I actually defeated someone..." Lyra grins and hugs (Y/n). She stiffens at the affection, but slightly hugs back. Is she not used to affection...?

"Hey, you still upset about your old key holders?" She slightly nods. What old key holders?

"Look, Orion. Lucy isn't that kind of wizard. She loves us. I know it may seem hard for you to believe, considering what Karen and Angel have done to you. But they're not your wizards anyone. It's OK. You're not a shield."

"But that's what I feel like, Lyra. I've always been a shield. They say I'm the hunter, but I'm not. No matter what they say, I'll always be the shield. Always."

So she's insecure because she's been used as a shield? Why? She's almost as strong as Scorpio! So, why? Why is she so worried about not being strong enough? Why is she scared about being a shield? She's not!

"Let's go talk to Aries. She'll understand, Orion. You two have had the same key holders." She nods and Lyra drags (Y/n) off. Should I follow them? I think I should. If she's had an abusive key bearer, I need to know about this. Why? I'm not really sure.

Lyra takes (Y/n) to Aries, who's talking to Virgo. Lyra's saying something I can't really hear, and the other two nod. Virgo and Lyra leave them together, (Y/n) looking at her feet. I move a bit closer to hear them, trying to see what had happened.

"So, why don't you tell me what had happened, starting after Leo was banished from the spirit world?" Why did she have to start from there...?

"Ok... Well, after Loke was banished, and when Angel got hold of our keys, I was abused even more than I was with Karen. If Angel summoned me, she would beat me until I should have been sent back. If she summoned me during a battle, it was right before she was hit with an attack. I've always been a shield, Miss Aries. I always will be."

"I'm sorry, but that's not true. You have the best wizard you could ever ask for. Don't worry about being hurt by her. Once we're out of energy, we're sent back. Lucy fights next to us. She doesn't hide behind us. I'm sorry for my outburst, but it's true..."

"Maybe for the other spirits, but not for me. I'm a shield. Forget about Orion the Hunter. I'm (Y/n) the Shield. And no matter what, no matter how nice the wizard is, I'll end up as a shield. Lucy probably won't, but what about if she's beaten by another celestial wizard? I'll end up as a shield..."

"But, Orion..."

"I'm sorry, Aries. But I'll always be a shield."