Chapter 7

I didn't sleep well last night. Everytime I closed my eyes all I saw was JB's demon face, how could someone so perfect change so quickly and why? I couldn't put the pieces together without coming up with bizarre scenarios which wouldn't even make sense. Throwing myself out of bed and putting some clothes on I went downstairs and grabbed a drink. My appetite had disappeared from me. I waited for JB to call but nothing.

"You know what? I'm going to call him" I said to myself.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts and clicked JB's name, he picked up after a few rings.

"We need to talk" I said not giving him time to speak.

"I know" he sounding hoarse like he hadn't slept or had been crying for hours.

"Meet me outside the school gates in ten minutes" I said.

"Okay" he said.

I hung up the phone and left my house. I was filled with determination to know what happened last night. We had been dating two days now and already he was causing me trouble but I knew I couldn't let him go. It was like I was falling for him but there was no way I was going to admit it now, it's too soon.

I arrived at the school gates and waited on JB. This was the first time that I had arrive before he did but I was determined. I needed answers now. He arrived shortly after me with a worried look on his face. His eyes looked red and puffy from crying which broke my heart in to a million pieces. He was wearing baggy sweats and a oversized hoodie with trainers.

"Hi" he said quietly.

"I need answers JB" I said not losing my determination.

"I know and I want to tell you everything but I'm afraid of how you'll react" he said.

"Come on, we'll sit down under that tree" I said before walking over to the big tree.

He nodded and followed me. I could tell he was nervous and you know what so was I. Hell, I was completely shitting myself but I hid it well. We sat down under the tree and I waited for his answer.

"Tell me what happened last night" I said.

"I'm not who you think I am Taylor" he said.

"What are you?" I asked him.

"My kind have existed for centuries but we hide our existence from humans"

"What are you JB?" I asked getting slightly agitated.

"I'm a... vampire"

My eyes widened in shock. Vampire? They don't exist, they're just made up to scare people and make movies about them. Vampires can't be real.

"Please say something Taylor" he said sounding worried.

"This is a joke. Vampires don't exist, it's just scary stories" I said but there was truth in it.

"I wish it was a joke but it's not. When you cut your finger last night the scent of your blood filled my nose and made my true nature come out" he said.

"And when you got cut?" I asked.

"I heal when ever I get injured. Taylor I need you to know that I would never hurt you" he said reaching for my hand. "Please believe me"

"JB, this is a lot to take in. Just yesterday you were JB, human and boyfriend but now suddenly you're an entirely different spices that feeds on blood" I said struggling to keep my tears in.

"It's not just me. All of my friends are vampires too, we're pretty much a clan"

"So everyone I sat with yesterday at lunch, they're vampires"

JB nodded. I sighed as I took in everything I was told, my boyfriend is a vampire and so are his friends. How can this be my life?

"Taylor, they wouldn't hurt you either. We don't harm people anymore, we drink from blood bags that we get from donations but if one of us needs fresh blood then we do drink from people but not enough to kill them. We heal them if we do drink their blood" JB said to me.

"When was the last time you drank from a human?" I asked curious.

"About five years. I very rarely drink from a human" he said.

After everything I heard, my feelings hadn't changed for JB. I still felt the same even though he was a vampire.

"So is that why those girls are drawn to you all?"

"Yes. We don't mean to but it sort of just happens"

"Okay" I said.

"Taylor, what about us?" He asked.

I looked at him and he was genuinely worried and nervous about my answer. He didn't want me to say that we were over and I didn't want to say it either. I was falling for this boy no matter what spices he was.

"Nothing has changed JB. I still care for you a great deal and although this is a lot to take in, I'm not going to deny my feelings"

JB's eyes lit up as my confession poured out. He hadn't lost me.

"I'm breaking so many rules right now" he said as he reached over a kissed me.

"How?" I asked.

"Well vampires aren't allowed to date humans or expose our existence" he said.

"Let's hope no one finds out that I know" I said.

He giggled but his face went serious again.

"Taylor, you're going to be in a lot of danger if they find out you know" he said.

"That doesn't change anything JB. I don't care how much danger I will be in as long as I have you I'm happy"

"I will protect you Taylor" he said.

"And I will do my best to protect you" I said to him.

"But you're just a weak little thing" he said poking my arms.

"I'm strong. See" I said flexing my arms.

JB grabbed my waist so I was pinned under him. He kissed me passionately and smiled at me.

"Do I win?" He asked me.

I nodded and kissed him. This boy was complicated and an entirely different spices but fuck it, I was falling for him.