One night in paradise

He turned to look at her. With no one there to observe them, he could look all he wanted. Damn her she was beautiful! She annoyed the hell out of him. So determined to get what she wanted! He was good at thwarting her attempts so far, but now, it was different. Now he saw her face to face. In person. There was no email or internet separating her face from his. He could smell her all the way from across the room. She oozed innocence and sex appeal at the same time. Was that even possible? All the more reason to hate, and love her, at the same time. She was the epitome of opposites. He wanted to go to her and grab her. He wanted to lock the door to the room they were in so no one could come in. He wanted to kiss those lips, to run his tongue along her perfect neck, then further down…he was getting distracted! He couldn’t lose focus he told himself. This was the same woman who drained all the energy out of him only a year ago. Who took him through a roller coaster ride of staying with her husband, then leaving, then staying, and making him hold her hand through the entire thing. Finally he had grown tired. How many times had he been chased by jealous husbands and boyfriends in the past? How many times have they shot at him for befriending their wives? And here he was again. Being an idiot, risking his life to help a married woman. He decided to stop. She was such a brat. Requiring constant attention. He told her to leave him alone. That was a year ago. She had tried to get him to be her friend again. But he would have none of it. It was easy for him then, relatively. But now, now she was here, shockingly beautiful, in front of him. How was it that she had grown more beautiful over the years while he had only aged? What was it about her? He needed to feel her to find out. But for now he was angry. And the sexual attraction didn’t help his rage toward her. He took a step toward her.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise and fear. Then her demeaner changed. He wouldn’t dare do anything here. He was all talk. She crossed her hands in front of her chest and smiled, her eyes twinkling playfully and wickedly at the same time.

She was daring him! Daring him to take her. Right there. To tame her. To let out his annoyance and anger at her. He was so tempted. Damn it he wanted to slap her and fuck her at the same time! Shit this woman drove him nuts!

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asked, clenching his jaw, trying to remain calm but looking just the opposite.

“What do you mean?” She asked, eyes still twinkling.

“Are you still married?”

“Would I be here if I was?”

He closed his eyes in frustration. This wasn’t the woman for him. He had told himself a thousand times. She was Persian, he was Mexican. They were of two different cultures and two different religions. She had a son, eight years old. He wanted someone younger, without children. Someone from the same background in faith and culture. She was just the opposite of what he wanted. But why couldn’t he stop looking at her. Her chest was heaving up and down, as if in tune with his thoughts. She had big breasts. Curvy. What was the word he had used once when describing to her the type of woman he was looking for? Voluptuous. She never stopped teasing him about it. He imagined for a moment tearing off her beautiful Chanel dress, imagined the shock and surprise on her face as he put his mouth on her, sucking at her nipple through her bra. The thought made him shiver and he felt himself getting aroused. Would he dare? Those dark black eyes and beautiful lashes begged him, begged him to take her.

“What are you smiling at?” She asked, looking annoyed.

“You know what? I’ll ask the questions here ok?” He replied.

Her eyebrows raised again in surprise. She wasn’t used to him talking to her this way. He was always so gentle with her. The key word here being “was.” She hated herself right now. Why must she be so needy? Why did she have to drive him away a year ago by suffocating him with demands for constant attention? She pictured him with his shirt off. She wanted to kiss those angry lips, and make his jaw unclench. She wanted him inside her. Now. But that was impossible. They were in the middle of a huge dinner party. A mutual political friend was throwing a party celebrating his re-election. And instead of being out there, mingling and having fun, they were in one of the many rooms of this beautiful mansion, the faint sounds of wine glasses clinking and guests laughing downstairs, oblivious to them. How the hell was she going to get the upper hand on this one?