4

Chapter 4 - Rosie's POV:

I tried to follow him, but he was too fast. Luckily I remembered the street address he told me of where he lived. I've been down that street before, in fact it is two streets down from my house, so I know where it is.

I hopped in my car and drove off.

Most people would think I'm crazy or stupid for following him, but even though he was a jerk, he got punched in the face and he shouldn't of been.

Also when I looked in his eyes.... the fear that I saw.... it was unreal. unbelievable. You'd think Miranda was a 200 pound football player that punched him by the way he looked. His eyes haunted me to the point where I wanted, no, needed to find out why he had so much fear in his eyes.

I arrived a few minutes later to his house.

It wasn't a castle, but it wasn't small either. It was a bit bigger then mine and had at least 3 floors.

I got out of the car and walked up to the door.

I slowly took a deep breath and prepared myself for what I was getting into.

I knocked on the door and about a minute later a Harry Styles opened the door.

It literally took everything in me not to scream and fangirl.

Alright so I'm a bit of a one direction fan... or a huge one direction fan. Big deal.

"Hello" He said with a smile.

"Hi. I'm Rosie." I said, returning the smile.

His face lit up and a knowing smile graced his lips.

"Ah. Rosie. I've heard a bit about you. Come in." He said as he moved out of the way.

He's heard about me? Great. What lies did Niall tell him?

I walked into Niall's house. Or maybe it's Niall and Harry's house. I don't know.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?" Harry asked as he sat down on the couch.

"Um... Sure." I said a little unsure as I sat down next to him.

"Listen I know that Niall has been a complete jerk to you and I'm so sorry about that, but he doesn't mean any of the awful things he's done and said. He doesn't have a jerk side, he's just had a awful past and being a jerk is his defense system so no one hurts him again. Now I know that's no excuse, but I just thought you should know." He said as he looked into my eyes.

I gulped.

Heck yeah that's no excuse. He shouldn't of acted like that. He really hurt me.

"What happened to him?" I asked, nervously.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Y-yeah." I said.

"Alright well.... Ever since Niall was 4 he has been abused by his dad. As he grew up the abuse got worse, mentally and physically. At the age of 8 his dad would punch him and kick him and brutally beat him to the point where he had broken bones. He would do it every day, constantly. Niall would never get into detail about how he was beat, but when he was telling me he took off his shirt to show me the marks and bruises and scars and.... honestly I cried. I don't cry easily, it takes a lot, but once he took his shirt off I just cried. He is so badly scared mentally and physically. He said his legs were about the same, but he didn't show me them. It was awful." He said as he paused for a moment.

He looked at me I guess to make sure I was still following. I was and I was shocked. I can't believe Niall went threw that. Whenever I saw their interviews or watch videos of them he always seemed so happy and carefree. It makes me so sad and I felt like crying.

"I know you're probably thinking 'why have I never seen scars?' well he told me that he puts make up on them when he wears things where the scars show. Anyways it just kept getting worse. He kept a diary and he showed me it. All the pages had tear marks on them. it was awful. At the age of 13 he was walking home from the gas station just down the rode, he got his dad his favorite candy and soda as a surprise for him with the small amount of money he saved up, and when he got home he found  his mother on the floor with blood around her."

He started to tear up during this part.

"He... um... he went over to her and checked to see if she was breathing, she would always get beat for defending Niall, but this time.... he took it too far. He killed her for not telling him where Niall was. He knelt down next to her and hugged her, crying. Her last words were 'I love you' as she lightly hugged him." Harry was lightly crying now.

I was trying my best to not cry, but a tear slipped over.

"Anyways" he said as he composed himself again. "His dad ended up going to jail and hasn't gotten out yet. I guess he has 20 years to life or something like that. Niall ended up living with his aunt and she took care of him until he joined One Direction. About two years ago his girlfriend of 4 years died in a car accident. Niall was driving her to the beach for the anniversary. He was going to give her a promise ring before we went on tour, but when they stopped at a stop sign a drunk drive crashed into them and ended up killing Katie, his girlfriend. The public never knew about this because they secretly dated. Sadly Niall didn't have time to grieve or anything. He had to jump right back into his normal life and well.... you know the rest." Harry said as he wiped away a final tear.

"Oh my gosh. I didn't know.. well obviously... I just... wow.... I'm so sorry. I feel so awful. I'm so sorry." I said.

I didn't know what else to say. I was just in shock. I was so sad and I can't believe that he had to go threw all of that. I can't.. just.... I don't even know what to think. Well that certainly explained why I saw so much fear in his eyes when Miranda punched him.

"I know there isn't anything you can say so don't feel bad about not being able to say anything. I was shocked too when I first found out. I feel so bad for him also, but he handles it the best he can. Just please when you talk to him... go easy on him. Alright?" He asked in a caring voice.

Oh... right... I came here to talk to him.

"Y-yes. Of course." I told him.

"Thank you." He replied with a soft smile. "Niall is upstairs in his room. last door on the left." He told me.

"Thanks, Harry." I said as I stood up.

"No problem. Thanks for not being the one to punch him, Rosie." He said with a little chuckle.

"Anytime." I said as I walked away.

I started walking up the stairs and got nervous.

I don't even know what to say.

I'm so sorry Niall.

_____________________________________________________________

See, I told you it got better, didn't I? ;D haha well I hope you liked it! Please comment and vote! I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on everything!

Thanks for reading! love you all! xx

-Autumn

P.S. there is a photo of Rosie on the side!