Chapter 1 - Why?

(A/N) Warning: There will be some swearing, violence, sexual themes and some lime I guess in the next chapters. 

- If you're a girl, then imagine the male version of yourself.

- The story is dated in our current time, cause you may think that we're in the past. Your government is a constitutional monarchy and one of the few countries that have a monarch.

" WHAT?!?! " You snapped in front of your queen. Your voice echoed throughout the hallways of the palace.

" It's for the best for us all (M/N). A marriage there shall be! You will marry Isabel whether you like it or not! You can't consider this! " The queen scowled at your answer.

Your queen was getting married to the king of Spain and in return, forced you to marry the personification of his country. You are (M/N) and like Isabel, you're the humanized nation of (C/N). In the eyes of everyone, you're a very handsome man but to one girl, who's also a country, Lovina, who is the personification of South Italy along with her young brother, Feliciano who is North Italy, you're the most handsome man she had ever seen.

The truth is, she had fallen deeply in love with you ever since you saved her from being raped by a group of criminals and had nowhere else to go. Feeling sympathy, you decided to let her take residence in your palace. Unbeknownst to you, every time she sees you, she would blush redder than Spain's tomatoes and her heart would beat ten times faster than normal. There were times when she would act oddly like pinching her own cheeks during dinner without explanation.

Don't get yourself wrong, cause you too have the same feelings for her. Her behaviors didn't bother you at all. That's why you wanted to reject the marriage and go for the woman you love. However, since you were unaware of Lovina's desires, you doubt that she would accept a man like you. Yes, you were insecure.

With no other option, you accepted the marriage. You let out a sigh in defeat and looked down, refusing to face your queen.

" Fine. " You finally said.

" That's my boy. The wedding will be in two days. " She grinned. In despair, you walked towards your room with your shoulders slumped, but before you could clearly disappear from her sight, she called you once more.

" Oh, I forgot to say! The king and your future wife will be here in two hours, so please hurry up and get dressed. I want you to look perfect tonight as we will have dinner with our guests. I need you to be formal and presentable. " She said in a happy childish voice, which irritated you. You simply gave her a nod and left the throne room.

Both of you were unaware that Lovina watched the entire scene behind a column. (M/N) is...getting married to that bastarda...Isabel. These eight words kept repeating again and again inside her mind like a broken tape. She could feel tears in the corner of her eyes. Her beloved man...was getting married to the woman who raised her. Her heart broke into a million pieces and then into a billion. She was so hurt that she felt like a saw slashing her heart.

She let out a sob and ran towards your room's door, hoping that she'll arrive there before you.

When you arrived there, you saw her crying river of tears.

" Lovina? Lovina why are you crying? " You rushed to her and placed a hand on her shoulder but she shoved it away.

" You know why! " She barked, making you take a few steps back. Then you realize why. You frowned from shame.