Chapter 4 - Revenge

Arranged marriage. That was the curse that changed your world. You insulted this luck, due to the pain that not only you and your people suffer, but also the woman you love. Talking to Lovina was your goal, however, you needed to get rid of your wife first.

You kept thinking about the tears of Lovina when she was caught by you in a violent, yet somehow satisfying scene. To be honest, you were smirking mentally, trying hard not to laugh at Isabel. You just found the picture really amusing. Maybe because you...liked seeing the woman you love in such an odd way and enormously jealous that she tried to kill her enemy? One thing for sure is that you wanted Isabel to get hurt, but not killed. There was another person you wanted dead. Her king.

He's the central and cause of the dark plague that was tormenting you and your beloved land. There must be a way to stop him. You thought. You were aware that he wasn't that young and may have little time to live. But that wasn't the thing. You don't know what his future actions will be. He may kill someone precious to you, while your ass is on top of the chair.

Time was running fast and you had to do something very soon. But this time, you had to defend Lovina as she may be in danger after what she did and Isabel may try to get her revenge.

The day passed quietly until the sun went down and the moon rose up. You let out a sigh, as you knew your 'worst classic time' has arrived. You lay down on your bed to have a rest. One hour has passed and to your surprise, Isabel didn't make her presence. You considered that she had some work to do. Two hours have passed and still no sign of her. You looked towards the clock and saw that it was almost midnight.

' Strange. Isabel's never that late. ' You shrugged.

Then...you gasped. Is she planning to do something...dark? Isabel would have been here hours ago and you may be asleep right now. But this was different. You had to check on her to make sure that she's somewhere far from Lovina.

Wait. Isabel may possibly be in her room. You took your sword and rushed towards her room, but before you were about to knock you noticed that the door was unlocked and female voices could be heard from the inside. You were curious and decided to peep to see what's going on before you attack.

" You don't understand anything cagna! You will PAY for making him feel down! " You heard Lovina yell.

" Oh please. He's just being naïve, but don't worry. He'll soon get used to it~" Your eyes went wide of whom this voice belonged. It was Isabel. She was in your beloved's room all along.

You narrowed your eyes suspiciously and placed your hand on your sword, ready to defend Lovina from any attack from Isabel. You gritted your teeth as you saw that Isabel wasn't 'alone'. She had her halberd with her.

" You don't understand anything bastarda! I LOVE HIM AND YOU KNOW IT! " Lovina snapped. Your cheeks flushed when you heard her say how jealous and angry she was and that she would do anything to have you until you bit your lips and wrinkled your nose when you heard your wife's reply.

" I don't care Lovina, not even the many messages you sent me before. You always asked me the same thing and that made me so fucking bored! Oh Isabel, I love (M/N) so much! Please tell me a way to confess my feelings to him. " She said the last part in a childish voice, mocking Lovina. " Hahahahahaha, you're so hilarious. "

The other girl just glared at her reply, so as you. Lovina clenched her fists, feeling betrayed and isolated.

" Well, you know that you'll never have him. " Isabel's voice turned dead serious and looked at her like she was a piece of trash. "Cause he's mine! " She hissed before she raised her halberd high up in the air glinting under the moonlight, ready to end Lovina's life. " DIE YOU SON OF A BITCH! "

Just as the weapon was about to strike, with one blow you stepped in front of Lovina and with your sword, you managed to stop the halberd. The two weapons crashing into each other.

" W-Wha? " Isabel frowned.

" Don't act like your surprised 'darling'. I've heard everything. " You smirked.

Lovina and Isabel gulped at the same time. They were shocked.

" Everything? " Isabel grinned innocently.

" Everything. "

" ... " She looked down in shame, letting her intimidating weapon fall from her hand and fall on the floor.

" I can't believe you're such a sinner. " You shook your head with a raised eyebrow as you looked at her with disgust.

" Honey I-"

" DON'T! " You interrupted her. " How dare you ignored her messages, while she's asking help from you? Would you like that if you were in her place? You were her guardian! " You asked raising your voice.

" ... " She pouted.

" Answer me honestly. What would you feel if you were in her shoes? " You crossed your arms and scowled, your patience becoming less.

" Betrayed. " She finally said; her eyes covered by her bangs.

" And that's what you make me feel bastarda! I trusted you and you betrayed me! " Lovina snapped.

Isabel remained silent, refusing to face eye contact with you two. She was now both angry and sad. No word was coming out from her mouth, but a dark aura began to appear around her. It was a warning. You held Lovina protectively in your arms as Isabel began to chuckle.

"Hehehe...Hehehehehe...ahahahahaha AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!" Her laugh was the same of a mad woman. Her eyes were dull, showing nothing but darkness and hatred.

Lovina buried her face in your chest, scared from the terrifying scene.

" How pathetic...both of you! " She laughed. " You think that you can put me down that easily? Hahaha, that's what I like from you two. You both are reckless! " She grinned widely, her white teeth shining similar to a shark's.

" YOU are the one who's stupid Isabel! You and your king! " You argued.

" Is that what you think huh? Hmph! Very well...Me AnD mY kInG aRe UnStOpPaBlE! If YoU tHinK tHaT wAy, sO bE iT! " She finally said, before she grabbed her weapon and left the room leaving a loud 'bang' when shutting the door.

You stared at the door for a few seconds before your attention went towards the crying girl.

" Shhhh...it's alright. I'm here. " You shushed.

" (M-M/N)...I'm s-scared. " She sobbed.

" No need to be now. I'm here with you. " You whispered as you cradled her, rocking her back and forth.

In response, Lovina hugged you tighter with each passing second as if she let you go, you'd never come back.

 " Lovina...is it true? "

That made her stop her actions and looked at you with wide eyes, afraid to speak the truth.

" Lovina...is it true that you love me? "