♡Chapter 2♡

Never-ending stairs led down into a dark tunnel. Guards were heavily armed. I trembled from the chills we received and my stomach, so Lukas pulled me closer. A red glow highlighted his cheeks. 

A man stood near the door of a cell. I risked a glance. His eyes were a milky white.

"Chance? Is that you?" A deep voice came from the man.

"No, I am not him. Sorry."

He wore a tattered cyan shirt and filthy jeans. The man's ruffled gray hair and overgrown mustache made him look older. "Forgive me, I have not se-, no heard, anyone in a while."

"Excuse me, but what is your name?"

"......That isn't a question I wouldn't like to answer."

"Okay then. My name is Jesse."

Suddenly his expression became stern, and his eyes glowed. He ran up to the bars of his cell and shook them vigorously. 

"You! You're the girl I tried to kidnap! Your mother put me in here when she found out! And I almost got away. You were able to travel back, but I wasn't! You took my magic away as a baby! I lived in misery for years!" He bellowed.

"You screwed up my entire life!" The last part filled the dungeon completely. Silence came, and I stared at the man. Lukas grabbed my arm with his stronger one, pulling me away from the sight.

***

As we passed, delinquents and crazy people smiled mischievously. One threw an egg at us, which made the guards around go beserk.

Lukas and I passed a young guy on the way to our cell. He was handsome, with dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. He looked me up in down and definitely wasn't afraid to make eye contact.

"Miss, I'm sure you'll find your stay here rather enjoyable," He joked, rolling his eyes and smiling. "And what should I call you, besides beautiful?"

I looked at Lukas, who was looking foward. His eyes were sharp and pointed. His emotion was somewhere in between sad, confused, and angry. "I'm sorry, I don't feel comfortable telling you that, especially since you must be here for a reason."

"Smart girl," He turned to Lukas. "She's all yours, blondie."

Lukas had red cheeks and stuttered, "Uh, no, we're just friends."

"That's not what you want, now is it?" The guy pressed.

"You need to shut that down right now."

He chuckled darkly as we quickly walked away. The more we walked, the more my stomach hurt. I flinched. Instinctively, Lukas stopped and took a look at my stomach.

"Hey if you need a break, I can carry you. We don't have much farther to go."

"No. I'll be fine."

Lukas didn't listen and picked me up. He held me bridal style and made sure I was safe before moving again.

"Lukas, you don't have to-"

"I want to."

We were silent.  Lukas looked down at me and grinned, while blushing. I guess I was too because he leaned into a kiss. He blushed even harder as the moment faded. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not complaining."

He smirked and I remembered the tingling feeling spreading from my lips to my feet.

Although we didn't say much in those few awkward minutes, we knew exactly what we wanted to say. 

We just didn't have the courage to say it.