♡Chapter 5♡

Lukas' POV
Jesse is dead. Even lifeless, she's beautiful. Olivia and Axel followed us in. As Jesse's closest friends, they are devasted. Even Petra cried.
No one was happy for the next few weeks. Everyone adjusted in their own way. I moved out. Everything in the temple reminded me of her. Jesse decorated the place to look more homely, before she....died.
Now I live in the old "Ocelot" house. Aiden, Gill and Maya stayed in Sky City, so I didn't have to worry about them. For every day she was gone, I stayed on the couch, thinking about her.
One day though, I heard a knock on the door. It was about 3 weeks after Jesse died. "Hi, Lukas, right? Some of your friends told me to drop by." A female voice said.
I didn't respond.
She came in anyway. She had light blond hair and dark brown eyes. Sitting by me on the couch, she stayed silent.
Every day, she would come by. She stayed for a couple hours, making small conversation, then leave.
It was a month after Jesse died,and I was tired. She sat by me, and rested her head on my shoulder, like we were in love.
I didn't have enough energy to tell her to stop, so I let it happen. We got comfortable together. She wasn't Jesse, but she was pretty and nice. She snuggled her hand into mine, and my breathing went erratic. The heat rushed to my cheeks, and she smiled gently. Only 2 hours later, she got up to leave, letting go of my hand. Without thinking, I grabbed her hand and turned her to me. My heart raced, skipping over beats. Pulling her close to me, I smiled. With a look of confusion on her face, I leaned in and kissed her. Her brown eyes closed, and strands of her blond hair pressed against my face.
Jesse's POV
I tried to feel hurt, but I couldn't hurt. I tried to feel betrayed, but I couldn't feel. And when I gave up trying, I didn't feel annoyed, I felt blank.
Like a part of me just died, and I can never get it back.
So he moved on, just when I was about to come back. I stopped watching Lukas and the girl, and returned to wandering around the empty clouds. Thinking through everything.
****
Later on, the man came up to me.
"Are you ready?"
I nodded slowly, still trying to shake off the feeling of blankness.
He touched my head and closed his eyes. In an instant, nausea overwhelmed me. Tingles spread up my body, restoring my feelings. Mixtures of happiness, hate, sadness, anger, and jealously filled me until it all evened out.
The only thing on my mind was Lukas.
Lukas' POV
Guilt. I shoved the girl out, immediately feeling remorse after our kiss.
Hate. She tricked me. She didn't come here to comfort me. She took control of me while I was weak.
Love. She made me realize, I needed Jesse more than ever. Jesse kept me sane. She kept me from being a man driven by sadness.
She loved me.
I had to round up the Order. There has to be a way to get her back.
As fast as I could, I ran towards the new temple.
I swung open the door, running in to see a figure dressed in white. Her long ebony black hair ran down her back.
She tensed up, and turned around to face me. A small photograph of the Order was in her hands. Tears streamed down her face.
"Jesse...?" She looked at me with absolute disgust written on her face. After a moment, she smiled.
"I hate you. You really like her, don't cha? All of those fake feelings you had for me, just, vanished! When you saw her, didn't they?" She paused, frowning and looking at the photograph. "And every dead, emotionless second I spent up in the clouds praying that you were alright and okay doesn't begin to compare to your steamy 5 seconds with that brat."
I stood, still in shock that she was alive. Frozen, every word she said replayed in my mind.
She walked up to me, and I didn't move. She got closer and closer. Finally she whispered, "Get the heck out of my sight."
I just gently smiled at her. Her beautiful eyes were full of hate, but I just didn't care.
I walked out. Back to my house. To fall asleep, holding on to hope and praying for Jesse to forget about the girl.
...
...
...
She didn't.