♡Chapter 4♡

Her black hair lied flat against her back and she smiled at something in her hands.
"Jesse. Right?"
I didn't answer and took note of the guards surrounding the exits and entryways. They were in thick metal armour. The founder turned around to face me.
"I knew a child with that name. Just a baby. Thrown off the edge, into a portal, by a man with glowing white eyes. You met him, correct?"
Again she had no response from me. She and I already knew the answers.
"You know what?" She turned to me with a snarl. "I already hate you. Coming here for the sole purpose of stealing the Eversource."
She looked at me with absolute hate, and with my items gone, she could kill me right now.
"Aiden has become a bit possessive, but he's useful. And he really wants your hand in marriage, so I want to propose a deal."
"No." I answered with every ounce of hate in my body.
"Now just listen. Your friends could leave prison, but you have to stay here. It's only five more years, you'll be fine. I'll come talk once in a while so you have company."
I thought about the deal. My friends leave, I stay. Lukas could go home and be happier and Ivor could continue upsetting people, but I have to stay. I smiled thinking of Lukas, and looked to the Founder.
"Deal." She smiled and the guards took me back down.
The way back was harder on me than ever. Everything from my ribs to my legs hurt. When we reached the bars, the guards threw me in. Laying on the cold, hard, grey floor, Lukas came over to me.
"Jesse! What happened?" I smiled at him, my eyes full of hope.
"I...saved you...and...Ivor!" Lukas looked confused, staring at me like something was off. I could barely breathe
"What about you?" I shook my head no, and Lukas sighed.
"Jesse, you shouldn't have done that! You can't just stay here forever! You won't have a key to get back!"
My eyes met with his own until I closed them sadly.
"We...both knew...I was...never going to make it," I struggled to talk and Lukas shook me gently, making me reopen my eyes.
"No, no, no. Stay with me, your safe, don't leave. You'll get out. We'll get a doctor!"
"Lukas....please listen."
"Guards! Help! Get the founder or someone!" One guard ran to the cell while another went to get help.
"Lu..ka..s," I started sobbing, and he pulled me closer to him. I looked up at him and smiled.
For just a split second, all the pain was gone. My heartbeat traveled up to my ears and got a thousand times louder. I could see Lukas shouting, but I couldn't hear him. He was searching my face for anything, as my eyelids closed.
Lukas' POV
"JESSE! Stop messing around. Wake up! Stop it, Jesse!" I yelled at her.
"Lukas..." Ivor patted me on the back.
"No! Stop feeling sorry! She's alive! She's going to wake up any minute and she's going to smile her lovely smile and her eyes are going to shine and-" I stopped rambling. I smiled at Jesse, tucking strands of her hair behind her ear. "And she's gone. Just like that."
Jesse's POV
A blinding white light emerged in front of me, making me squint away. Once my eyes adjusted a full grown man stood.
"Jesse."
"Person who I don't know."
"Why are you stopping here? Why do you want to end your life now? Is everything okay?"
I looked into his eyes and knew I could trust him. Tears fell down my face before I realized I was crying.
"I just want things to go back to the way they were. A simple life in the treehouse, with Rueben in my hands, and Axel burning breakfast, and Olivia trying to salvage the food.  Then, every year, entering the building competition, trying to tune out the Ocelots while Lukas and I stare at each other and fix everything together."
He stood silently, watching me cry. No doubt it was embarrassing but neither of us truly cared.
"Listen, do you want to end it here? Alone and crying?"
"....No." I responded.
"Then I'll take you back to them in a month. When their back home, you'll be sitting in the treasure room. That gives them more than enough time to get back from their adventure, and no doubt they'll want to see you again."
"Thank you!" He smiled and I returned it.
"Your welcome," With that I left, exploring the white cloud and watching from above.

A/N: I tried not to make it to religion-like, but just to clear things up, the guy was God, or the Buddha, or whatever you believe in. I don't want to offend anyone's religion. Thanks for reading!