Chapter 6: well wasn't that déjà vu...

Cassie's POV

"Ready to rodeo?" Morgan asks as we get in the truck.

"When am I not?" I ask laughing.

"True. Hope you don't mind but I borrowed one of your shirts. I liked it better than mine." She says and starts driving to our destination.

"A shirt and a belt. Gotta remember that. And if you don't return my dads belt buckle I will kill you personally." I say glaring at her in my mind.

"K. No problem." She says.

Morgan is wearing a blue and red flannel, distressed jeans, brown boots, and a belt with my dads gold eagle belt buckle on it. She has her hat but I forgot mine. Surprising huh?

....

"Up next is Dustin Tayler on Whip lash!" The announcer says.

Everyone starts screaming and cheering, and again, I sit here in silence.

They open the gates and the battle starts. A battle between the bull and the rider. The buzzer echo's throughout the stadium and he jumps off. The bull starts chasing him and he runs toward the fence right in front of us.

He jumps on the fence and his hat falls on our side. He looks at us and smiles. Morgan jumps down to get his hat and give it back.

"Give it to your friend." He says smiling at me. I smile back and he walks away.

"Oooh!" Morgan says putting his hat on my head. I blush while laughing.

"Shut up!" I yell as most of the girls around are glaring at me.

"Its so big on you." Morgan laughs.

I laugh, "I know!" I tilt it back out of my eyes.

"Well wasn't that déjà vu." I hear and my head turns the way that the voice was coming from and I see Dustin walking up.

"Do I know you?" I laugh.

"Well, you are wearing my hat. And I did give yours back last time." He laughs sitting down next to me.

"Oh. Here." I say taking it off and try giving it to him.

"No. Keep it. It looks better on you." He says pushing it back towards me.

"Ok. How did you remember me? There was like so many people in Big Springs. Yet you remember me." I say looking into his blue eyes.

"Well, I don't know how I could forget a beautiful face like yours." He says making me blush.

"And you kinda have crutches." Morgan says quietly from sitting above me.

"Yea. What happened?" Dustin asks

"You don't even know my name. Yet you don't care to ask and just keep on rolling out the questions. I don't mind. Just, unusual. I like it." I laugh

"Yea. Sorry. Kinda forgot about that part." He laughs, "I'm Dustin." He says sticking out his hand.

"Cassie." I say shaking his hand. "And it was a horse riding accident. Long story." I laugh.

"And I'm Morgan. Her sister." Morgan says butting into our conversation.

"Oh yea. But nobody cares about her." I laugh looking at her shocked expression. "I'm just joking! I love you." I laugh hugging her.

"So you're a country girl. I like that. You know, most girls just come here to find a good guy to mess with. They usually don't come for the show. But I can tell that you're not like that." Dustin says.

"You're correct. I come for the show. I go all over the state and a little outside it just for rodeos, almost every weekend. And yes, I am a country girl. Have grown up around cattle and everything. My dad was a bull rider. He got really close in nationals. But then her had his accident and never rode again." I say

"Who's your dad?" He asks sounding Interested.

"Carson Rayne."

"Really? That's your dad?" He asks sounding surprised.

"Yea."

"I have heard a lot about him. He was the one who always took his little girl everywhere and it would piss everyone off." He laughs.

"Yea! That was me!" I laugh.

And the conversation went on and on and on even after the bleachers were empty and most of the lights turned off.

Sorry i havent updated lately. School has been a pain in the ass but i get out thursday so hopefully normal updates every friday from now onLove yallStay perfect -Cass