Chapter 3: I Believe This Belongs To You

Cassie's pov

"And up next is Dustin Tayler on.... Astroid!" The announcer guy says.

Everyone screams in excitement as I sit there quietly. As he gets on the bull my hat flies off. I try to grab it but I can't move and Morgan is too busy staring at him to grab it. It goes under the fence and into the arena before I could grab it. I sigh and just forget about it. I have plenty more at home.

The gates fly opens and out comes Astroid kicking and going insane like Ace was. His hat flies off and goes right next to mine. The buzer buzzes signaling that he has been on for his 8 seconds and he jumps off. He runs to the fence that is right in front of us away from the bull and they put the bull away.

He gets off the fence looking at the two hats in the pen and then looking at me like he knew it was mine. I look at him and he is truly beautiful. His blonde curly hair and his bright blue eyes. He grabs both hats and turns back to me. He puts his on his head.

"I believe this belongs to you." He says hanging it to me through the fence with a smile on his face.

"Thank you." I smile back grabbing it and putting it on my head.

He smiles, nods his head and walks away. I smile to myself and readjust my hat. Not realizing that Morgan is looking at me in utterly shock, I turn and look at her and flinch when she yells, "What the hêll just happened?!"

"He gave me my hat back." I smile and shrug.

"Yea! And he kept looking at you and smiling!" She yells.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is the end of our rodeo! Thanks for coming and we hope to see you all next time!" The announcer says and I stand up and start to walk away.

"Let's hang out here for awhile. I don't wanna get caught up in the crowd." Morgan says pulling me off to the side.

"You're probably right." I laugh. "So why is it a big deal that he gave me my hat back with a smile on his face?" I laugh

"I don't know. Its just that he was looking directly at you. And smiling directly at you. Like he was ignoring everyone else. His actions were pointed towards you." She says

"You're making it sound like we're dating. All he did was look at me. So calm down." I laugh as the crowd clears out.

"Let's go. I'm tired. And we still gotta pack and leave tomorrow." I say and start walking out to my truck.

"Yea. Let's go." She says looking around while walking.

"What are you doing?" I laugh at her ridiculousness and stop walking.

"I'm looking for Dustin." She says still looking around. Finally she spots him behind the shoots and points at him.

"Go talk to him. Nobody's stopping you." I laugh and she looks at me.

"I wasn't looking for him for me to talk to him. You need to go talk to him." She says

"I don't need to talk to him. I am going to the truck. C'mon." I say grabbing her arm and pulling her before letting it go so I can walk with my crutches.

"Whatever. We'll see him Saturday." She says and starts walking with me.

"Yea. And I'm tired." I say getting in the truck. She gets in and we drive home.

...

"I don't wanna pack. I'm gonna do it tomorrow." I say laying on my bed.

"Same. I'm going to sleep." She says laying on the couch that's in my room

"Same. But I gotta change and shower tonight. You pack tonight while I change and I will pack while you change tomorrow.

"OK. You need help?" She asks.

"No. I will just leave the door cracked in case I fall and die." I laugh getting up and walking to my bathroom. I leave the door cracked and take my shower not trying to fall. I don't and get out and dry off putting on my underwear and a sports bra and grabbing my crutches. Walking out and laying on my bed.

"I'm gonna go change. I will take a shower tomorrow." Morgan says walking into my bathroom.

"Wait! Turn off the light first." I say. She walks out turns off the light and goes back in the bathroom closing the door behind her.

I grab my phone and open Instagram. There is a bunch of photos of me and I tap on them seeing them all a picture of me sitting at the rodeo and you can see Dustin looking at me. There is some where he tipped his hat at me and when he gave me mine back. Then there was a video of him giving it back and you can hear everything we said.

I smile to myself and go to his Instagram following him and looking at his recent picture. It was one of the pictures of him giving my hat back. The caption read, "Today was a great day. Glad to be in this wonderful town with these wonderful people." And I died inside. I, was on his Instagram. I put my phone down, turned on my stomach and tried to go to sleep.

"Cassie. You're on Dustin's Instagram!" Morgan yells waking me up.

"I know." I laugh. "Now can I go back to sleep?" I ask with my face still in my pillow.

"Yea. Goodnight." She says

"Night." I say drifting to sleep.