4

"Miriam! I am calling you!" I froze for a second, turning slowly to see dad calling my name. I bowed down slightly.

"Sir, magpapaliwanag ho ako." I was shocked. I saw how my dad, pulled Rodrigo's collar o god!

"And how dare you!? Isa ka lamang magsasaka sa malawak na lupain namin!" My dad freed a punch on Rodrigo's nose, i helped him get on his feet.

"Im sorry rody." I said.

"Get off that dirty bastard!" He then gestured his men to force me to get me.

"Dad!? What the heck are you doing? Mahal ko si Rodrigo!" I scolded pleading. I can't stand this.

"For years, i have been a good daughter to you! Why are you doing this to me?" I asked. Tears are falling from my eyes now, i can't help it.

"Don't you understand? That moron is just a farmer! What do you think can he provide you? Rice grains!? You are living under my house, you must know how to respect me, you are marrying no one but Jaime de Villa! Understand?"

"But dad--"

"I didn't raised you, let you finish your degree in law just to marry a cheap trash." He said looking back at him with a disgust look. I know i can do nothing, i got back to the car with a frown on my face.

"Simula ngayon, hindi kana makikipagkita pa sa hampaslupa na iyon, naiintindihan mo ba?" My dad broke the silence that dominates us, instead of answering i just looked into the windows, tears started to fall of my eyes again, is this how things work? How they could be so cruel? I closed my eyes, i really feel so exhausted, after a minute or two, i fell asleep.

To be continued...