Creeping

Marshall wouldn't go up to speak to Blake, and Blake had gotten over her tantrum.
She crept out of her room and headed down to the lounge.

Marshall was sat on the couch watching a football game with proof and some of the other guys.
Blake sidled up next to her dad, she rested her head on his arm, Marshall looked down at the top of her head and smiled to himself. He moved his arm and put it around her shoulder.

"Have you spoken to your mom yet?."

"I spoke to her earlier, she's fine."

"Dad please can I talk to you about Riley?. He's a really nice guy honestly."

"I'm not getting into it Blake, he's 18 your a minor, you don't see him again and we are not having this conversation again. I swear if I find out that you and him have........."

"We haven't done anything, he said he'll wait until I'm ready and old enough. Please dad."

"Drop it!. I told you this conversation is over!"

She knew not to push anymore, she curled her feet under her and snuggled into her dad and he again placed his arm around her shoulder.

A while later, Blake had fallen asleep amidst a movie they had been watching, Marshall made her comfortable and then got up from where he had been sitting. He spoke to proof and another guy.

"I need to make a phone call and then we can head out and sort out the deal."

Marshall called Ellie and waited for her to answer.

"Marshall?.. Is anything wrong? How's Blake?"

"Blake is fine, there is one thing I want to talk to you about though. Riley!."

"Riley?. Who is Riley?"

"Seriously Ellie, you have actually got no idea of what Blake has been up to in the last six months?!. Riley is her 18 year old boyfriend!"

The line went quiet

"I had I idea, oh my god he's 18. What if they've been sleeping together, oh my god my baby."

"They haven't been or so she tells me, why have you let things get this bad with her and why don't you know what's going on in her life?"

"Because she won't talk to me like she talks to you. I'm the bad guy I always have been. It's difficult bringing a child up by yourself you know."

Marshall heard a male voice in the background.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at home, why?"

"Nothing it's okay, do you want me to come over and see you later see if we can't talk about this Blake situation?"

"I'm heading out, a friend of mine is real sick and I promised I would stay with her tonight. Come tomorrow I'll be here all day from 10."

Marshall ended the call and he immediately knew she wasn't being straight with him.
He looked at proof.

"First stop, Ellie's.."

.....